Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Holy crap, I thought I was the only one. This is like my 2nd biggest problem behind acne. I don't do it out of stress or boredom, my lips just always seem really dry and beat up and I have to pick my skin to level my lips equally. It always ends up with one part being picked too much and being a bloody mess that turns black in the morning.

If you pick your lips due to mental reasons, then I don't know. But if you just want to get rid of crappy lips, I like to use vaseline or carmex.

I try to level my lips out too by biting them. I chew on them constantly, but then they get all red and I hate the way it looks. If I do put any sort of lip balm on them the skin starts to peel even more, so it's kind of like a vicious circle.

blistex herbal answers lip chap has saved my lips. They used to peel all the time no matter what. It's the only thing that has worked for me.

I always do this, I wet my lips with by sort of inwardly pouting too. I have been pulled up on that a few times. Its horrible when you have scabbed up lips, looks disgusting.

I also chew the inside of my mouth cheeks, in fact I'm doing it as I type this out.

I constantly bite my lips, im not too bad at it though. I wonder if other people notice my odd habit? My sister called me out on it, but then she got in the habit of it too! lol

Better than chapsticks are lip balms with natural oils in them. I have a lip balm that's emu oil based that has saved me from chapped and peeling lips for the last three years. Occasionally I'll find something on my lips to peel, but I'm much less likely to now that the skin on my lips is healthy.

I don't pick my lips, but I do chew the inside of my cheeks constantly.

wow, now that's a rare habit you got there. ;)

@kimchi

drink lots of water. moisturizing from the inside is the way to go. and don't lick your lips since they said it is bad or something for the lips. I'm not sure but I can say that my lips became much better since I stopped licking them. :lol:

@kimchi

drink lots of water. moisturizing from the inside is the way to go. and don't lick your lips since they said it is bad or something for the lips. I'm not sure but I can say that my lips became much better since I stopped licking them. :lol:

it's not too rare.. i do it too! i chew off the skin on the inside of my mouth. it's so addicting, sometimes i do it for hours if i get a really good spot. i think it's similar to the satisfaction people get when they bite their nails.

ive been doing this since i was 5 years old. as you can tell by my lips in my avatar i got alot to work with lol. Idk i got distracted then moved on to start picking my scalp (TERRIBLE HABIT). then restrained myself from anything gross like that. I would just suggest putting chapstick on them so they feel good and then leave em alone. this isnt so strange of a habit though

@kimchi

it's not too rare.. i do it too! i chew off the skin on the inside of my mouth. it's so addicting, sometimes i do it for hours if i get a really good spot. i think it's similar to the satisfaction people get when they bite their nails.

The scary part is that constantly irritating and injuring our mouths can lead to unusual cell growth, which, in turn, can lead to oral cancer.

ohmygod.

i definitely do this too!

when i'm bored, or watching tv, or even at school i start doing it unconsciously!

i can't stand those little strips of skin that are slightly harder than the rest of my lip or pieces that stick up--i have to pull those off and sometimes they bleed and leave dark marks for a few days and then i peel those off too.

and the more flaky and gross they are, the more i want to just peel the skin off! weird, haha.

i've been trying SO hard to stop lately (because of accutane) so i've been slathering them up in Rosebud Salve (pink rose-scented aquaphor basically) and i've also cut my nails so short that i couldn't peel even when i want to :)

If my lips are chapped I take a hot wash cloth and scrape of the dry stuff in the shower. Works great.

I always mess with my lips. They always seem to get dry so i always bite them or start rubbing them with my finger so the dead skin peels. They seem to peel so much i don't know how i still got my lips left to be honest. The skin sheds off at about 5 miles a week.

Whaaaat. I do this too! When I'm studying on laying on the couch I'll bite my lips or pick at them if they're dry.. Haha, can't believe how many other people do it!... I try to stop myself once I notice what I'm doing. I don't feel so alone in the lip picking department anymore.. thanks to the guy who posted this!

i bit the inside of my lips all the time. i dont relize that im doing most of the time. i do it really bad when im nerves , mad , or born mainly. i noticed i do it al the time. when im working, reading ,ect. pretey much all day. the only time it gets to heal is when i sleep. i dont know if i do it when i sleep or not.not sure how to stop. i can chew gum and still bit my lips, wheni at, drink. ill stop chewing the food or whatever and bit my lip.mostly on the inside.they get sore, sweel, bleed, and they even get these bumps that feel like blisters sometimes. and i drink alot i have a drink like every half hr.

I use to always chew the insides of my cheeks. That stopped I don't know when but I stopped that.

My lips always peel. Everyday I have a fresh new set of lips. lol...

I always put something on my lips and usually, after I wake up and take a shower, I can just slough off the dead lip skin cells. I pretty much tried everything besides what doctors can give.

Oh well, I have lived with this for many years..

This may sound really crazy, but after two treatments of accutane, I am in the same boat as you.

I use this

pt=AU_Makeup&hash=item4cf265342f

Sorry had to break link cuz the site took it out.. If you can't see the link, just look at ebay White Eyeshadow white eye liner white pearl... It comes from China and is in a pink and white plastic tube... sort by the cheapest and lowest shipping..

This particular stick is made with pearl powder. I apply it every night and it has made all the difference in the world

I'm still dry and picking, but not as much. I'd say every other week, I find myself pulling off SOME skin, not enough to wrap christmas presents in though! lol...

I am also more resposive to other lip balms now... Take my advice, and try this white eye liner/shadow/lipstick.

It's hard to find pearl sticks where I live, so this was a good alternative. I stock piled these babies cuz I can't without them, and they're cheap too!

Edited by ladysonoma