Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JFerreira23

Amlactin or Vitamin E oil

I've been using Vitamin E oil for about 2 weeks, and although I can see some Improvement with my scarring and redness, I wonder if amlactin is better. Some doc gave me some for my KP, and I was wondering if it would work well on the face, better than Vitamin E or maybe even better WITH vitamin E any people with expirience would be appreciated.

I wouldnt use vitamin e oil, it can also be a skin irritant. I use Coren Cosmetics Reparative Moisture Cream for the PIH. I like the way it works and my skin is really nice looking in the am. Its a night cream. So far it hasnt clogged my pores and my red marks have been lightened.

I just ordered a cream called Vitec Vitamin E Lotion, I think it has around 14% vitamin e in it. I bought it because I read vitamin e can be really good for chronic dry skin and red chapped skin. Paula from paulas choice also says that Vitamin e is one of the most potent and powerful anti-oxidants out there.

Now Im a little concerned, should I not of bought this lotion? I really didnt know vitamin e was an irritant, most people I know use vitamin e to soothe the skin, especially after sunburn. Could this lotion possibly be pore clogging due to the vitamin e?

whatever product you buy needs to be non comedogenic and/or oil free. you should just check and see and if need be call the manufacturer. vitamin e can cause a dermitits reaction. like everything else with rosacea and acne, sometimes its just trial and error. the cream i bought from this company has elements in it that work on a cellular level so i guess thats why its lightening my PIH. if you have chronic dry and chapped skin you need to cleanser with a very mild cleanser

i have mild acne but redness gets bad i use pure vitamin E oil on my face every night and it is absorbed by morning. It never breaks me out or causes anything at all so in my opinion its fine. I mainly use it to try and reduce scars though but it seems to help redness