Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onlyme_16

Should I try it? *with Pictures*

Hi! I'm thinking about going on the DKR regimen... but I'm kinda scared to becuz my left cheek (where I have red marks) has been clear for quite a while now... so my red marks are finally starting to really fade. So you can hardly see them and I'm just afraid that if I start the DKR regimen my cheek will flare up again during the first few weeks. I also would only do BP at night at first, and my skin isn't used to BP... I've been using SA for a year now.. but I can't ever get completely clear. There's always a couple pimples, plus red marks. What do you think? Should I try it? Plus my skin isn't ever dry or oily anymore. My skin really isn't all that bad, I just always have at least one pimple, and sometimes more... Like right now I have like 5. Which looks like more thanks to red marks. Thank you for your time!! Oh yeah my acne is mild right now as you can tell, but it has been a lot worse before (which was when I got acne badly on my cheek to get major red marks). So it can be quite moderate. But I think that was a reaction to AHA.

Ok, thank you again!

post-70513-1231305388_thumb.jpg

post-70513-1231305529_thumb.jpg

post-70513-1231305388_thumb.jpg

post-70513-1231305529_thumb.jpg

I don't think you should use BP if your acne isn't THAT bad. But if you insist on using it then just apply it to problem areas once daily and see how it goes.

Now that is a lot of brass air fittings there is just about every type

of air fitting that you could want. Wholesale prices too. I guess these could be used as small water pipe fitting also. I

used some of the parts to make my babington wvo burner.

If your current regimen has kept you quite clear, I suggest you stick with it and just add on an extra step, like apply BP 2.5% on the stubborn pimples (avoiding your left cheek). I noticed in your regimen that you apply SA at night. Maybe you can apply BP in the morning.:)

Two hands up, you should try it. Its a Rad.

Seconded. Yeah, it sucks to break out in the beginning, but it's so worth it when you clear up and stay consistently clear.

Yes, but to be consistently clear, it *may* take up to 3 months.

Breakout, clear, less breakout, clear, even less breakout, clear, a few pimples, clear, constant clearing.

Hi! I'm thinking about going on the DKR regimen... but I'm kinda scared to becuz my left cheek (where I have red marks) has been clear for quite a while now... so my red marks are finally starting to really fade. So you can hardly see them and I'm just afraid that if I start the DKR regimen my cheek will flare up again during the first few weeks. I also would only do BP at night at first, and my skin isn't used to BP... I've been using SA for a year now.. but I can't ever get completely clear. There's always a couple pimples, plus red marks. What do you think? Should I try it? Plus my skin isn't ever dry or oily anymore. My skin really isn't all that bad, I just always have at least one pimple, and sometimes more... Like right now I have like 5. Which looks like more thanks to red marks. Thank you for your time!! Oh yeah my acne is mild right now as you can tell, but it has been a lot worse before (which was when I got acne badly on my cheek to get major red marks). So it can be quite moderate. But I think that was a reaction to AHA.

Ok, thank you again!

If you use BP you will get REALLY dry and oily, i noticed when i used BP i would get extremely dry/tight feeling and after awhile get moist with oil in the same areas, i also would get really red even after using a tiny bit of BP (if at all you experience this you should quit because you have really sensitive skin). Salysilic Acid will also dry you out and get somewhat oily but its not as bad as BP, maybe thats why you get so many pimples? maybe cut back on the cleansers and use a less harsher method of cleaning your face.

If you use BP you will get REALLY dry and oily, i noticed when i used BP i would get extremely dry/tight feeling and after awhile get moist with oil in the same areas, i also would get really red even after using a tiny bit of BP (if at all you experience this you should quit because you have really sensitive skin). Salysilic Acid will also dry you out and get somewhat oily but its not as bad as BP, maybe thats why you get so many pimples? maybe cut back on the cleansers and use a less harsher method of cleaning your face.

I don't think it's fair to say that, just because you didn't react well to The Regimen, that she won't either. I mean, I've been on The Regimen for seven months now, and I think it's great. Yeah, it made my skin dry and flaky and a little red when I first started it, but that's just a phase we all go through while our skin adjusts. But The Regimen's never made my skin oily or anything like that. Aside from the adustment phase (which only lasts a few weeks or so), The Regimen's been wonderful for me. I know you're just offering up your two bits, but you really ought to be clear on the fact that you're only speaking from personal experience, and that what happened to you isn't necessarily how everyone will respond to this treatment.

Thank you all for your suggestions! For now I decided to just spot treat the pimples I have and continue my current routine, but if things don't shape up I am going to take the plunge. I will let you know in a few weeks! Thank you all again!

I only use Purpose cleanser which is considered a very gentle cleanser, just like the one Dan's is. How can you get simpler than that, other than just water? And I've been using SA for over a year now, I know its not making my skin worse. Thank you for your suggestions though.

Well... after going through reviews I decided to take the plunge and order products today. I hope I made the right decision. I'm just a bit desperate. I'm tired of my crappy skin..ugghh...

I don't think it's fair to say that, just because you didn't react well to The Regimen, that she won't either. I mean, I've been on The Regimen for seven months now, and I think it's great. Yeah, it made my skin dry and flaky and a little red when I first started it, but that's just a phase we all go through while our skin adjusts. But The Regimen's never made my skin oily or anything like that. Aside from the adustment phase (which only lasts a few weeks or so), The Regimen's been wonderful for me. I know you're just offering up your two bits, but you really ought to be clear on the fact that you're only speaking from personal experience, and that what happened to you isn't necessarily how everyone will respond to this treatment.

Yeah, i agree heartily with c'est la vigne. Doesn't mean because the regimen didnt work for somebody he/she should just go and tell everybody in every possible thread 'don't do the regimen because it doesn't work'. I understand the frustration of having something which is supposed to work but doesn't for you, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work for a lot of others. Saying your personal opinion is very ok, but then again please make it clear that is your personal opinion.

If your acne is not really active and not persistent, I would not use the regimen. It is not going to help your red marks fade if that's really what you are after. If your objective is to prevent acne, then the regimen will work wonderfully, but don't expect instant miracle results. You are going to have to stick to it for a while and deal with the beginning irritation, redness, and dryness. Good luck.

You had around the same acne as me, mine is almost gone and I am on the regimen. I think you should for sure give it a try. If you start scaring you should only apply it in areas where there isnt scars. BP kept my scars red- but now i just use it on active acne which i rarely get.

GOOD LUCK gorgeous.

I think it would be awesome for you, dont listen to the people that say your acne isnt bad enough because i know how much of a bitch it is to always have only 1 or 2 pimples but you ALWAYS have them haha. you have really pretty skin and you wont ever need to wear makeup so i think itll be great