Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
d0nn13

How long does it take to get an appointment from a dermatologist?

How long does it take to get an appointment from a dermatologist? Somebody told me it could take months and I was surprised to hear this. I live in the U.S.

I have been to 3 different derms and all 3 times I pretty much got to pick when I wanted to come in and usually it's that same month that I go...now I live in Texas so im not sure about other states but I have never known anyone to have to wait longer than a few weeks to get in to a derm office. I think it's weird that people have to wait for so long :(

honestly it just depends on the office you go to.

some are a few days, few weeks, and some busy ones are even MONTHS, which is crazy.

also, if you live in a larger city there is bound to be more offices to choose from rather than having just 1 or 2 offices.

wow i actually just went to my doctor. he is a family doctor and since we all know him and accept him as a friend of the family he never charges us for visits or anything like that. he prescribed me doxy and erythromycin solution. im very impressed too since i had sorta moderate genetic acne and alot of the big ones cleared up and this is only the first week of use. :D.

I have to wait 2 months for my appointments I go around mid January.

wow i actually just went to my doctor. he is a family doctor and since we all know him and accept him as a friend of the family he never charges us for visits or anything like that. he prescribed me doxy and erythromycin solution. im very impressed too since i had sorta moderate genetic acne and alot of the big ones cleared up and this is only the first week of use. :D.

It took me 1-2 months to get an appointment with my derm, i live in England. Although i have been going back every 6 weeks since because he wants to keep a track of my progress which is quite good :).

Anddd i used to use erythromycin solution (was given to me by my local family doctor before my acne became a major problem) and it was magic lol, if you dont have major acne and its just a matter of a few anoying pimples here and there its great. Kept my skin decent for a large period of time. That was years ago now though, i developed into much worse acne and the solution couldnt cope. Its good your getting good results though :)