Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
max powers

Lush.com products

I use the acne.org regimen with products bought from stores, but this Christmas I was given some stuff for my face. All the products are from lush.com and I was wondering if I could incorporate any of them into my regimen. I was given 5 products, and the links to them are pasted below:

http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/face/...rizers/enzymion

http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/face/...sers/ocean-salt

http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/face/...ers/ultra-bland

http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/body/...y-magic-muscles

http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/face/cleansers/coalface

Hi there.

I work in a Lush shop in UK and i'll tell you what I recommend...

use coalface at least twice a day, on its own, no toner or moisturiser. It is a brilliant facial cleanser and excellent with acne. At first, your skin may break out but persevere as the skin is just detoxing. If your skin is left feeling dry after the cleanser then follow with enzymion as it is very light and virtually oil free but just moisturising enough! After two weeks of this, use enzymion when you feel like your skin needs some added moisture. Never under estimate the power of moisturizing (once your skin has begun to fully detox) as otherwise your skin just produces more sebum to compensate for lack of moisture which in turn sits on the surface of the skin and causes blocked pores, black heads, the lot.

With ultrabland, it really depends on how oily your skin is naturally. If very oily, just keep it as a make up remover as it is very effective in this way but follow with coalface or tea-tree toner (also from lush) to remove excess oil which will sit on skin, block your pores etc. If your skin is dry or normal, applying a thin layer of ultrabland in the evening and removing with warm, damp cotton wool should work wonders but would recommend following with a toner to allow the pores to breathe.

As for ocean salt, i can't really recommend it as it is too strong for me. At first your skin feels really really fresh but my skin is left looking all red afterwards. Maybe I scrub too hard! Don't knock it though as exfoliating is so important and if it works for you (normally if your skin is non-sensitive and normal/oily) it will fit in well with your regime. If it doesn't work for you, discontinue use on your face and use and a salt scrub on tougher skin like on your feet!

Wikki Magic Muscles is an effective massage bar to soothe aching joints etc. Just melt the oils into your hands and rub onto your aches and pains. Due to high cocoa butter content, keep it away from facial skin and your back and chest if they are spot prone!

Hope this is helpful! Let me know how you get on.

Hi there.

use coalface at least twice a day, on its own, no toner or moisturiser. It is a brilliant facial cleanser and excellent with acne. At first, your skin may break out but persevere as the skin is just detoxing. If your skin is left feeling dry after the cleanser then follow with enzymion as it is very light and virtually oil free but just moisturising enough! After two weeks of this, use enzymion when you feel like your skin needs some added moisture. Never under estimate the power of moisturizing (once your skin has begun to fully detox) as otherwise your skin just produces more sebum to compensate for lack of moisture which in turn sits on the surface of the skin and causes blocked pores, black heads, the lot.

With ultrabland, it really depends on how oily your skin is naturally. If very oily, just keep it as a make up remover as it is very effective in this way but follow with coalface or tea-tree toner (also from lush) to remove excess oil which will sit on skin, block your pores etc. If your skin is dry or normal, applying a thin layer of ultrabland in the evening and removing with warm, damp cotton wool should work wonders but would recommend following with a toner to allow the pores to breathe.

As for ocean salt, i can't really recommend it as it is too strong for me. At first your skin feels really really fresh but my skin is left looking all red afterwards. Maybe I scrub too hard! Don't knock it though as exfoliating is so important and if it works for you (normally if your skin is non-sensitive and normal/oily) it will fit in well with your regime. If it doesn't work for you, discontinue use on your face and use and a salt scrub on tougher skin like on your feet!

Wikki Magic Muscles is an effective massage bar to soothe aching joints etc. Just melt the oils into your hands and rub onto your aches and pains. Due to high cocoa butter content, keep it away from facial skin and your back and chest if they are spot prone!

I concur! I too work in a Lush store in the UK, and use ultrabland at night to take off makeup, before some toner and a nighttime gel such as Duac.. Coalface every morning - its amazing. Really calming, helps to unclog pores without the need for scrubbing! Though i have to follow with a toner and moisturiser otherwise my skins left too squeaky clean.

Ocean Salt, yes it can be very srubby but make sure you whip it up in the pot with your finger first to get all the salt mixed in properly (the top of the pot as the biggest grains of salt). Use it a couple times a week to see how your skin behaves. Its very refreshing! you can use it on your body too, its lovely.

Hi there.

I concur! I too work in a Lush store in the UK, and use ultrabland at night to take off makeup, before some toner and a nighttime gel such as Duac.. Coalface every morning - its amazing. Really calming, helps to unclog pores without the need for scrubbing! Though i have to follow with a toner and moisturiser otherwise my skins left too squeaky clean.

Ocean Salt, yes it can be very srubby but make sure you whip it up in the pot with your finger first to get all the salt mixed in properly (the top of the pot as the biggest grains of salt). Use it a couple times a week to see how your skin behaves. Its very refreshing! you can use it on your body too, its lovely.

What do you guys think about Fresh Farmacy? I just ordered some again after using it for a few months in the summer.....but I wanted to try something else so I took a break from it. My acne has really calmed down since the last time I used it. But, I am just curious what experiences you might have had with it.

Sorry to disappoint, but I've never heard anything good about lush products for face.

i read good reviews all the time online.

I use the acne.org regimen with products bought from stores, but this Christmas I was given some stuff for my face. All the products are from lush.com and I was wondering if I could incorporate any of them into my regimen. I was given 5 products, and the links to them are pasted below:

do you have oily or dry skin? enzymion, ocean salt, and coalface are for oily. ultra bland is for dry ( DO NOT use this unless your skin is dry. You have been warned.)

Now I have oily skin and I personally use coalface for my cleanser, then benzoyl peroxide for my treatment, then imperialis (enzymion works even better but i didnt want to pay the extra money) as my moisurizer in the morning AHA in the evening.

Ocean salt is very harsh on your skin, i recommend if there is a lush near you to get a free sample and use it whenever you have this dead skin on your face that needs come off. I could live without it.

As for moisturizers the one that Dan sells is really good so you might want to try his.

And on cleansers... ive tried others with my regimen but for me it works the best with coalface.

I need a mild exfoliator for my cleanser but some people say that that breaks them out. So they use cleansers that dont exfoliate at all. That has never worked for me but it just depends on the person.

Lush is a good place to search for parts of your regimen because they have such a variation of products.

Just look and if there is a store near you, get a whole bunch of samples to see what works on you the best.

Hi there.

What do you guys think about Fresh Farmacy? I just ordered some again after using it for a few months in the summer.....but I wanted to try something else so I took a break from it. My acne has really calmed down since the last time I used it. But, I am just curious what experiences you might have had with it.

Sorry to disappoint, but I've never heard anything good about lush products for face.

i read good reviews all the time online.

Ok i just replied about my opinion on lush (which was postive) but im gonna say this everyones skin is different and will react differently to things but... Fresh farmacy broke me out. and not just broke me out, my skin looked like a WARZONE! Now i did take the advice of the lady that worked there and used it as a overnight spot treatment which may have been why it did horrible things to my face but still.

dont get me wrong i love lush as a matter of fact herbalism and coalface just make me smile. But fresh farmacy was ruined for me.

It might work for you though.