Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snakes10

3 Months Post Tane

Hey All,

I am three months past a 6 month term of Acctuane. I had it for moderate-moderatly severe acne with just major postules, no cystic.

In any case, now (3 months after), I am starting to get small acne bumps by my scalp and a few on my nose as well as oil returning.

Is this just a random flareup or should I expect utter hell again?

What can I do?

Oh, and I am using regular soap and 0.5 salycitic acid wash on trouble areas.

Oil returning is normal -- I actually welcomed it back considering the alternative was lips so dry I could barely speak without lip balm :P

some small bumps are normal...I'm 6 months past (from moderate/moderately-severe with some cystic) and I get the occasional whiteheads that go away fairly quickly (more when i'm stressed). Nothing really serious though! :D

Hey All,

I am three months past a 6 month term of Acctuane. I had it for moderate-moderatly severe acne with just major postules, no cystic.

In any case, now (3 months after), I am starting to get small acne bumps by my scalp and a few on my nose as well as oil returning.

Is this just a random flareup or should I expect utter hell again?

What can I do?

Oh, and I am using regular soap and 0.5 salycitic acid wash on trouble areas.

i got same problem... small bumps popping up after 2-3 post tane.. Its managable how it is... just don't want it to get any worse... no way im taking tane again tho!

Snakes10 I'm in the same position as you, even got a couple of bumps on my scalp too, which seem to be fading. Fingers crossed. :)

However, to be fair, one member did PM me and tell me scalp acne post-tane was a common side effect which could be folliculitis.