Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WheatBean

Scarring (hypertrophic?)-- picture-- any suggestions?

Hello!

I'm a 2nd time poster (1st was positive feedback to Dan for the bp gel biggrin.gif), but I've been a no name lurker for a while.

I believe I have some hypertrophic scarring on my chin, unless someone else could "diagnose" it otherwise. I've read various comments/opinions about silicone sheets, mederma, and other methods, however I was hoping someone who has similar scarring might tell me how a specifc treatment went for them.

user posted image

This pic was a few weeks ago... I have scarring on my forhead, more fresh red spots on my cheeks, and some pimples high on my forehead and one on my cheek. The one smack on my nose is fading, but of course theres still a large red mark. Still trying to fight my mild but persistent acne-- I know many have it so much worse than I, but I still fret over mine and have suffered some comments.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for reading, I hope all of your battles go well!

It doesnt look scars to me, just give it a some weeks to heal, you can try aloe vera gel.

you are very cute smile.gif , maybe a smile next time? biggrin.gif/ biggrin.gif

When I was 24 or 25 I noticed those bumps on my chin and then a few on one nasolabial fold. I am 30 now. When I first noticed the ones on my chin I thought they were persistent acne that would not go away. I remember spot treating with 10% benzoyl peroxide and I wonder if this caused it to turn into scars or maybe they were already scars by then. 2 dermatologist- one a research derm at Irvine said he did not think they were scars. He called it sebaceous hyperplasia and said I needed some kind of injection. I can't recall. There was one derm earlier who told me it was hypertrophic scarring. I tend to think it is scarring also. I am going to be looking for a solution and hopefully we can help each other out.

Oh, larkenfoam, and bbydll, I'm sure we can find something that'll help our scars! I'm afraid to be bold and buy something that really won't help much. ^_^;;

Has anyone had excellent results from silicone sheets, or mederma cream (or other likewise creams that claim to help fade hypertrophic scars?) Or are there any reccomendations for cheaper, DIY methods?

Oh, larkenfoam, and bbydll, I'm sure we can find something that'll help our scars!  I'm afraid to be bold and buy something that really won't help much. ^_^;; 

Has anyone had excellent results from silicone sheets, or mederma cream (or other likewise creams that claim to help fade hypertrophic scars?)  Or are there any reccomendations for cheaper, DIY methods?