Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has any costums official at the airport asked you about your skin

I arrived in China a few days ago and the customs person was checking my passport, etc and he keeps on looking at me and looking back at his computer screen, then he finally asked me "it is form a burn right?" I was shocked because I cant believe my skin really looked like it got burned. I was so embaressed because he said it pretty loud and people around were all staring at me. And after I left I heard him say to his co worker beside him "do you want to look at this?" I guess on his computer screen was a super clear and large photo of my face taken at Tokyo Airport(everyone arriving in Japan must have their facial photo taken and their fingerprints taken). Has this happened to anyone else? This whole thing lowered my comfidence a lot because I thought my skin was looking better but I guess not.

I'm sad to say I've never been out of the country before, so no D:

But obviously the man has been living in a hole or something all his life.

What the hell? How do you mistake a bit of acne for a burn? Wtf???

Don't worry. :P What goes around comes around.

I'm pretty sure something's already hit him. (yeah...that sounds evil but lol :P )

That sucks! I've been in airports a lot in the US but they've never had to take my picture, thank god. All those bright lights definitely get to me though. :razz: I don't see how anyone can look good under those.

I flew to New York last year and the customs officer stared at my passport photo, pointed at a chin spot in it and demanded to know where it was.

I went bright red and mumbled that it was acne and "I have clearer-looking skin today as I am wearing makeup". He said nothing and nodded me on irritably, leaving me feeling like crap and ruining my trip. So yep, I share your humiliation :(

I'm sorry some people can be so inconsiderate man. What sucks is that the guy said it loud enough for the people around you to hear. I hate how people are so curious; I bet it caused the people around you to stare to see what the guy was talking about.

I noticed that you have mentioned that you used to have severe acne, but you're looking good in your pics. Best of luck, I hope everything continues to improve :D

Don't worry about it. Stuff like this happens. Just try to understand that most likely, he never had to deal with such issues so when he says something like that, just brush it off. I know you can't instantly make yourself not feel bad but just keep going and keep hoping and keep moving on.

I work in an international terminal and I'm under those darn bright lights all the time. At this point, I'm doing something about my skin (I have been for years!) and I could really, really care less what any stranger has to say about it.