Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kylek

POST ACCUTANE SURVEY

How are your post accutane results?

A. Completley cured, very little if any acne

B. Mild acne but not anything life effecting

C. Bad enough to do another course

First course, my skin was about 98% cleared.

I can't remember when it started to come back, but I started my second course about 14 months after ending the first. It's been 6 months since ending the second course and my face is usually 98-99% clear.

completely clear of active lesions after 2.5 months. very bad initial breakout however and scarring/redmarks. stopped treatment after 4 months. been clear for 4 months now.

Was on it for nearly 11 months: Septmber 07 to July 08. My acne wasn't an issue of quantity before, just very oily and persistant with painful cysts, usually one or two every other week or so. Accutane took a while to work completely, but I was completely clear from June 08 until early December. My skin was perfect, not too oily, not dry - just normal and healthy. I always had small bumps ways under the skin, accutane got rid of everything. Early December, started out with the oil coming back, about 80% of what it was pre-tane. Small whiteheads, which I never got before. These last three and half weeks, my skin around the side of my mouth and chin is breaking out like crazy. Not small whiteheads anymore, but fleshy, red bumps. Not cystic yet, but I'm very worried it will come back. I don't know if it's just the stress of the holidays, but I've never had this many all at once. So, in some ways, it's not as bad as pretane, and others it's worse. Since ending tane, I was on Differin 1%. Since just before Christmas with my new break outs, my derm put me on Differin 3%, Aczone (the new stuff) once a day, and a sulfur cleanser in the shower. He also suggested an oral antibiotic, but I refused. All of this is really drying my skin and making some improvements, but I'm still finding new bumps each day. It sucks, I wanted off all of this other junk, that's why I took tane. The length and dosage of my course was long and high for my weight. My hair was definetly thinner and I started getting some joint aches when I exercised towards the end, but that was after being on it for nearly a year. Now, my hair is back to normal and my joints do not ache anymore. Other than that, the side effects were minimal. If my skin is not better in another two months, I'm asking for another course.

I am about 2 months post tane and am completely clear. If I do get a pimple it is very small and goes away within a day or two. Before accutane I had cystic acne and very oily skin. My skin has just enough oil to be comfortable. I do not have to wipe the oil off my face 3-4 times I day like I did before I got on accutane.

A.

14yr old with severe acne - 80mg/6months

18yr old with mild acne - 40mg/6 months

21yr old with very mild acne - 20mg/extended (no deadline)

I have perfect skin but the accutane is keeping it like that. I'm on 20mg/3 times a week, with no side effects. derm says I can stay on it for a long period of time. so I could stay on a low dose for years, and I would be happy. I'm glad I took the other doses because each time I went off accutane the acne would come back but not as severe as it was post-tane. This time I was almost clear when I went on the low dose but now I am 100% clear with good looking skin and I don't use anti-acne products anymore. I'm glad I can stay on it, and I'm thankful that my derm has realised that I am obviously not prone to any adverse side-effects from tane and my liver can sustain the current dose, not that this has been a qualm in the past. However he did not schedule a blood test for me and he was quite happy to let me go back on tane after all the courses I have been through. Right now on a low dose this really is a miracle drug so to speak. I must admit though, this probably would not have worked if I had severe acne. The high doses really did hit hard and subdue the acne to a lower echelon each period.

A

I'm almost a year post tane and I hardly have any except maybe 1 or 2 during the time of the month. Sometimes I dont even have pimples during an entire month. I was on 20mg/day for 8 months for my course. To me the course was worth it.

Im about a month post tane. I do have a few small zits and a small cyst but other than that I have nothing like I used to. I do still have accutane scarring.

Excellent topic, I'm sure a lot of us current users want to know how it works in the long term. Hope more people post on here to let us know how their skin is after their course is finished.

A. Almost 5 months post tane. So far everything is great. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Ended my course in August 2006 and have been pretty much clear since. Although, I have had a few come up recently, like one every week and then a period of 2 weeks without any.

fantastic, keep the post coming I am sure I am not the only one intrested in how post accutane has treated everyone.

I am about 2 months post-tane & I'm in the "A" category.

My red mark scars are fading fast with the help of emu oil.

i'm about two years post Accutane and i've had amazing results. my acne was moderate but VERY persistant. it's funny, i actually just had two pimples on my chin because i was away for the weekend and forgot my face wash :rolleyes:

anyway, those are the first two pimples i remember having in YEARS. honestly. my face still gets very, very red when i get embarassed (or hot), but other than that there have been no lingering side effects. i'll take a red face every now and then over painful pimples any day!

I really hope my acne doesnt come back. A month and a half ago I started clearing very fast and have never been so happy since acne began. I had very oily skin and hope it doesnt come back either.

A.

my skin's still rather sensitive (6 months afterwards), but very happy with the results :D

i am 6 months post accutane and have been 100% happy with the results...until yesterday. for a few months after treatment, i was perfect, and then i noticed cystic acne forming on my head, like under my hair, a few cysts per month. they were painful, but didn't bother me as much because i couldn't see them. as for my face, i'd get a tiny tiny zit here and there, but nothing at all to worry about. they would go completely away within 24 hours. yesterday, my first real cyst since accutane popped up on the side of my face and im freaking out!! i have been so pleased with my results and hope that this is just some freak cyst and that they don't start coming back again...

7 weeks post-tane, clear but still get a couple tiny ones a week. Could be related to being sick though, will report back after some more time.

hi guys

thanks for this post, im new here and i am currently still on it (Oratane).

but its woried as to post-tane wld i still be able to maintain the same result..cos currently it has been amazingly..........good..

Nv have i felt this way before, my skin became so clear and i simply dun feel oily at all..make-up stays and i dun even have to clear the oil once during the day!

so u can see i am quite worried that post-tane whether i will be able to maintain it.

currently i have been on Oratane for 3mths..Derm just prescribe another two mths, after wich she will do a blood test for me..I am currently on 10mg per day..according to my Derm this is quite low dosage and to be able to acheive the desired result is considered good.

well...just feel like sharing and hopefully in time to come i will be able to share some good news post-tane...

PS: hope i havent been out o topic :P

I have been off accutane for approximately one year now, and my results were not great at all. While I was on accutane it really helped me clear up to 90%, but i was never completely acne free. Its been one year since ive been off and its getting bad. Since post accutane my acne takes longer to go away and each pimple leaves a scar. I would not go back on accutane because it did not help me and my brain has not felt the same since.

stopped in april 98.

up until january this year i been 100% clear.

however past 2 weeks i have had spots appear. I have probably had about 7-10 appear over the course of 2 weeks. some not so bad, but they are not like whiteheads then are nodules deep under skin coming out.

bit upset that my left side of my face was completly unaffected by the spots but past week more are appearing on the side.

i pray its only due to bad diet over xmas, but then also i stopped smoking weed which probably has made my body stress out.