Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had my own "regimen" before I came across this website, but clicking on absolutely every link here has proven very informative. I still have questions, though. This is what I do:

Morning:

Vigorously scrub with Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub or St. Ive's Medicated Apricot Scrub (both with salicylic acid).

Pat face dry.

Gently massage with Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser with 10-percent benzoyl peroxide.

Pat face dry.

Apply a thin layer of Benzaclin gel all over my face.

Let it dry.

Apply one squirt of Clean and Clear Oil Free Dual Action Moisturizer (with salicylic acid) at least once - if I plan on staying in, I let it dry and apply maybe a few more times.

Mid-Day and Evening:

Repeat from morning.

Now, I always thought scrubs were good because they exfoliated, and exfoliating helped remove dead or clogged pores??? My skin is pretty good nowadays, however I still get those "monthly" pimples sometimes. If I'm out and I have a pimple forming, I will squeeze it or scratch at it and apply The Body Shop's tea tree oil and that actually does an amazing job. (I know, you're not supposed to scratch or pick, but I do it anyway.)

Back when Biore strips became popular, I tried it and nothing ever came out. I thought it was because my pores were so small that nothing was coming out. I never noticed blackheads until the one time I went to get a facial. Then I got a magnified mirror and looked at my skin - I did see some tiny gray lumps. I squeezed it and out came a (what I call a squizzle for some reason - it is one of those things that makes you feel queasy but you still do it). Sometimes they're soft and sometimes they're hard. Either way, it's gross.

How do I get rid of these stupid blackheads if that's what they are?

Why are scrubs bad? What, if I should, I replace it with? Shouldn't I exfoliate?

What about masks? I have a (I think it's clay, it's gray) mask that I sometimes use b/c I think it's supposed to draw out dirt.

I read that BP and SA shouldn't be combined, but it doesn't seem to be doing any harm - should I stop anyway? What are the risks or possible benefits?

If I am not supposed to be coming BP and SA, what should I switch to as far as something BEFORE my C&C cleanser with BP? Or is the cleanser with BP enough?

If I wear makeup, is it safe to wash with the BP cleanser twice to remove it? Should I have a specific makeup remover? What kind?

The moisturizer I use, I have extremely sensitive skin and am allergic to practically everything - (like Oil of Olay, Dove, Cetaphil, etc.) any suggestions if I'm supposed to switch since it has SA?

What about scars? Mine are moderately minor. My mom gave me Oil of Olay regenerist micro dermabrasion, but I stopped using it because I didn't think it was doing anything.

I think that that is all I have to ask for now ... help me out if you can, I'd really appreciate it.

I used to use Biore products along with BP, and for like a year it was fine.

But then I started to get really red, raw skin, it was aweful. So, I don't

know how I feel about SA+BP.

If you wanna exfoliate I wouldn't do it too often if I were you, you can't

really "scrub away" blackheads. It can be pretty irritating.

Sorry I don't really know that much, I only know what finally worked for

me lol

Believe me, I know everyone is different (I have an identical twin and I've recently become allergic to things she not). I don't feel like going to a dermatologist again, so I've resorted to a more reliable source: the internet and people who have actually had similar problems. I just don't understand what the deal with BP and SA as a combination is. Too drying? That's what I'm assuming ...

As long as it isn't going to give me some kind of newfound cancer, whatever. I mean, my skin is dry, but I leave that to the elements. It's a yearly Winter thing, so it doesn't surprise me. But then again, this is the first time in a long time I've used the two together.

However, I read up on the baking soda/vinegar/egg white regimen. I think I'm going to try it ...

I'd still like input, though. Like good moisturizers or substitutes for that stupid blackhead scrub that I don't think is working.