Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
edbel

Thinking about going to a Derm.

At what point do you say, I quit, I'm finding a dermatologist?

I'm 24 and have been suffering from acne since I was a pre-teen and I'm tired of it! Mostly, I get it on my cheeks, chin, jawline, and neck...and back. It's nasty and of course I can't help but pick so my skin is not only broken out but it's also red, inflamed, and scarred. OH, and I recently relocated from Dallas, Texas to Iowa City, IA and now my skin is also dry and red from the cold and wind! I have tried every over the counter product known to man with little to no results. It's gotten to the point when I look in the mirror, I feel like my makeup only illuminates the problem.

Anyone have any advice? How can I train myself not to pick? I take Concerta for adult ADHD and I feel it encourages my picking, but I can't go off the Concerta because I'd have bigger problems than just nasty skin.

I don't want to leave the house, I don't want anyone to see my skin...I've always felt "pretty" but it's gotten to the point I can't even talk myself into thinking that.

Hi,

I think a dermatologist visit would be great - as soon as you make the appointment, you will feel like you are making some progress in clearing up your skin.

While you wait for your visit, you should consider benzoyl peroxide. Try the Get Clear->Start here menu link at the top.

Cheers