Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
.OurTime.

Dans AHA+ ANND Emu oil

Today i have decided to start my "topic" all over again in the RIGHT forum. (sorry for all the mess ups before)

I'm not sure how to describe my scars... but they are soft and indented.

Certain lights i can't exactly tell how bad they are, but when i pass a certain mirror at just the right angle BAM! i scare myself half to death....and then feel like shit for the rest of the day. :(

At this moment i have no acne other than the blackheads on my nose and the occasional white head that shows up wherever.

I have been using Dan's AHA+ every night for about a week or so..but i am still hesitant that it will make my scars deeper for some reason? My complexion has been much better since starting this, but i am just not sure about the scars. (Could it be making them worse!!!?!? :( )

I just picked up some emu oil the other day and want to add it to my regimen.

Emu oil is basically an oil that penetrates deep into the skin..(from all the information i have read it will help any scar.. and people have even said they have gotten rid of old scars from having chicken pox?....obviously that doesn't mean it will work for me..but what else can i do?)

So! i have decided to use Dan's AHA+ one night and then the next night use Emu oil... kinda like alternate between the two each night.

Monday:AHA+

Tuesday:Emu oil

Wednesday:AHA+

Thursday:Emu oil

Friday:AHA+

Saturday:Emu oil

Sunday:AHA+

Does this sound okay, or am i completely wrong? I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE UNSURE IN MY LIFE!

Note: I can't do any laser surgeries of anything for quite awhile because i was on Accutane and just finished about two months ago.

HELLLLLLPPPPP!

Thanks to anyone who replies.

ANNNYBODY????

plz plz plz

sorry i would help if i could but i have no idea, but it seems like a good idea...i heard zac efron uses emu oil ;) lol anyways, i am wondering if you can use it AFTER the AHA or like, maybe during the day mixed with a moisturizer...or something? i dont know im considering doing something like that too.

ANNNYBODY????

plz plz plz

sorry i would help if i could but i have no idea, but it seems like a good idea...i heard zac efron uses emu oil ;) lol anyways, i am wondering if you can use it AFTER the AHA or like, maybe during the day mixed with a moisturizer...or something? i dont know im considering doing something like that too.

Don't worry about it, any information is helpful. New problem though, if you are going to use the emu oil try it one little area for a few days or so...i have little (very little) red dots all over where i put it...... :confused: arrg. New product that can collect dust for me.

New idea! I will stick to dans regimen (even though i dont have any current acne) to keep my face clean and maybe use the AHA+ once a week or so. For some reason i feel like it is not helping my scars.. even though it has made my complexion better..

scars = noticeable = BAD

Have you heard of ACV? (apple cider vinegar) i think i'm going to try this, maybe pick some up today? If you want more information on it search for ACV for scars. (I'm not exactly sure what your situation is and what you are having problems with, but if this helps then i am glad)

New Regimen:(starting today)

Morning: dans cleanser, bp, moisturizer

Night: dans cleanser, diluted ACV, bp, moisturizer

Random night: dans cleanser, bp, AHA+

That last one i'm still not exactly sure...hopefully ill figure it out.. :think:

What do you think?

What does anyone think?

and thanks to whoever replies :)

HMMMM...

Well i haven't picked up any ACV because i'm not exactly sure i need to? I was looking over that topic again..lemon water/vinegar method ..something by that name, but it sounds like you can use any type of vinegar. Someone PLEASE correct me on this if i am wrong, i don't want to spread bad information around.

SO once again my regimen has changed.

l

l

l

V

Morning: Dan's cleanser, bp, moisturizer

Night: Dan's cleanser, diluted ACV or just normal diluted Vinegar once i figure out the types i can use,bp, moisturizer

Every reply is appreciated :pray:

are you looking to improve your scaring?? I ordered some emu oil myself and will be starting it daily as soon as it gets here. do a weekly SA or glycolic peel. 15 or 20% SA or 25% glycolic. or every other week. purchase copper peptides to use daily also. start off using it once a day at a small amount and build up slowly to twice a day and then a little more each time you apply it. but work your way up slowly. purchase exfol or lacsal. both these products and CP can be purchased from skin biology. I am not a sales rep for this company. they just have a good reputation for making quality products. use the daily peels before bed. give them time to penetrate and then apply the CP followed by your emu oil. look into purchasing a 1.0mm derma roller off ebay or some place. this will help increase the absorption of your topicals. use it daily. purchase some vitamin c/ascorbic acid (powder). you can buy a lb or more cheap from companies like NOW on ebay or any health food store or online supplement store. take 3-5 grams daily.. this will get you going in the right direction. just stay consistant and dont give up. it takes time to see results. But this advice I have given you is effective advice and will get you moving in a positive direction. depending on how serious your scaring is and if you are interested in something more aggresive. Go read the entire post titled (legends derma roller log) join in that post after you read it and ask the questions you need to ask. lots of helpfull folks on this forum, its about finding those members and speaking to them. Good Luck.

are you looking to improve your scaring?? I ordered some emu oil myself and will be starting it daily as soon as it gets here. do a weekly SA or glycolic peel. 15 or 20% SA or 25% glycolic. or every other week. purchase copper peptides to use daily also. start off using it once a day at a small amount and build up slowly to twice a day and then a little more each time you apply it. but work your way up slowly. purchase exfol or lacsal. both these products and CP can be purchased from skin biology. I am not a sales rep for this company. they just have a good reputation for making quality products. use the daily peels before bed. give them time to penetrate and then apply the CP followed by your emu oil. look into purchasing a 1.0mm derma roller off ebay or some place. this will help increase the absorption of your topicals. use it daily. purchase some vitamin c/ascorbic acid (powder). you can buy a lb or more cheap from companies like NOW on ebay or any health food store or online supplement store. take 3-5 grams daily.. this will get you going in the right direction. just stay consistant and dont give up. it takes time to see results. But this advice I have given you is effective advice and will get you moving in a positive direction. depending on how serious your scaring is and if you are interested in something more aggresive. Go read the entire post titled (legends derma roller log) join in that post after you read it and ask the questions you need to ask. lots of helpfull folks on this forum, its about finding those members and speaking to them. Good Luck.

Yes I am looking to treat my scars :)

Thank you so much for all the information, it would probably take me a month just to find out about all this stuff haha. (I'm surprised you were able to condense all of it into this message).

The emu oil is not working for me, i know its way to early to tell if its helping the scars, but i know for a fact that it is causing new spots and irritation. :( fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu*********

Okay....So i know this probably sounds like I am desperate for information and then when i get it i don't use it..i really don't mean to sound like that. I am truly grateful for the time you have spent sending this message, but all the procedures and products you have discussed i cannot use for at least 3 months or so, because i was recently on accutane...and even then i don't see myself spending money on these things because i wouldn't feel safe doing it myself. (no point in buying them if i am too chicken to use them. :()

I hope everything works out for you. Keep a blog or something, i would probably check it out to see your progress, and who knows, maybe that will be enough to convince me to try it myself.

Have you heard of the ACV method?...i am still focusing on this because it seems like a very mild approach to help heal scars and i can only handle something very mild.

If only i could speed up time to find out how i look in 3 months ...........................

grrr

Once again thanks for the information.

ONE MORE TIME.

Things have been really up and down lately, trying to figure out what is actually benefiting me and what is not.

I have yet to pick up some ACV...i don't know if this is lazyness or something in my gut telling me what i am doing is enough for now?

My regimen looks like this:

Morning:

-Dan's cleanser,

-bp,

-emu oil massaged into ONE scar (just to see if in fact it does work),

moisturizer.

Night:

-Shower,

-Dan's cleanser,

-bp,

-emu oil massaged into SAME scar(i think i'll try this for two weeks)

-moisturizer. (Every second day (or few days) i will switch the moisturizer to DAN's AHA+, using it everyday seems like too much to me, but when i put it on after not using it for a week my face seems to glow).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason I'm using the Emu oil on one scar is so i can tell if it improves while at the same time being able to see what my other scars look like. [important] When i use the Emu oil in a bigger area, (lets say my whole cheek) I get little red spots on my skin. These are definitely not acne, but it makes my skin less ...good. haha.

Sorry to anyone who reads through these posts and sees me going back and forth through different treatments i have not used long term (meaning the emu oil)

I MAY still try the ACV(apple cider vinegar), but just not at this time.

So once again sorry if i have caused any confusion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*MAIN POINT*

-I am sticking with the emu oil, BUT only on one scar.

-I will use Dan's AHA+ every so often at night, BUT not everyday.

-I will Keep this updated, even if no one replies because i want to really follow through on this and share any beneficial results with anyone i can.

In the future i may explore other options like the ones listed by munsoned. There is a lot of great information in his/her post above. If you think what i am doing is too mild of an approach for your own skin please check it out.

I'm a he by the way :) it all depends on how bad yoir scaring is. stick with your program for as long as you choose. if at any time you feel you need to step it up then you have some options. copper peptides are great for scarring. you can buy super cop and its a spot treatment and then apply the emu oil. the same company that sells the copper peptides sells emu to. they recommend using both.

But again, only you can choose what you feel is best. If you have any questions in the future just let me know or post about it.

good luck.

I'm a he by the way :) it all depends on how bad yoir scaring is. stick with your program for as long as you choose. if at any time you feel you need to step it up then you have some options. copper peptides are great for scarring. you can buy super cop and its a spot treatment and then apply the emu oil. the same company that sells the copper peptides sells emu to. they recommend using both.

But again, only you can choose what you feel is best. If you have any questions in the future just let me know or post about it.

good luck.

Sorry about that, i forgot to check before i started typing the message. I feel like people are clapping slowly for me in the background...you know the "stupid moment" clap.

I will definitely look into the whole copper peptides thing, i'm just trying to pace myself so i don't buy 387325892 products, rub them all on my face at once and then stare in a mirror for the next few days watching every little pore trying to determine if anything has changed. (Its funny...because i have been so close to doing so).

At this very moment i am typing copper peptides into every search engine and skin care forum i know of. Be prepared for a bunch of confusing questions about obvious or impossible things that somehow relate to copper peptides.

once again sorry for the whole his/her thing.

My bad.

Posting right after posting. Yessss.

-I will stay with my regimen, even though i fluctuate in confidence of its overall effectiveness every hour of every day.

-I will do some more research on the copper peptides, but at this time feel pulled towards putting apple cider vinegar on my face before buying these products. (Do i have a death wish? Let us hope not).

If you have not already noticed my understanding of basic scientific principals variates throughout the day.

Just a lil' news.

I have decided to put emu oil on a second scar. I have been putting emu oil on a indented scar and thought that i should also try putting it on an ice pick scar, this way i can see the differet effect the emu oil has on different scars.

I mean if it has any effect at all.

Time will tell.

*PEACE*

Well, well, well.

There hasn't been much going on for quite awhile now, just trying to stay positive and keep things moving. I have been eating healthy (as i always have) and drinking plenty of water. I try to do something active for at least an hour a day not just to look physically better, but "feel" better too.

I can't say i have noticed much a difference in the appearance of my skin though...which kinda gets me down. When i am around family or friends i forget about what my face looks like and i tend to think my skin looks better, until i get home and look in the mirror. It's like a 180 from "i'm awesome," to "shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit."

My regimen, once again.

Morning:

Dan's cleanser

bp

emu oil massaged into TWO scars (one just indented and ugly, the other just icepick..ish)

Moisturizer

Night:

Shower

Dan's cleanser + shave (doesn't irritate me at all)

bp

emu oil massaged into TWO scars (one just indented and ugly, the other just icepick..ish)

Moisturizer OR Dan's AHA+ (switch between the two every now and then)

If there is a difference in my scars i would say it is a very very slight change. I may notice it in one type of lighting, but i know for a fact no one else around me will. (Which in a sense is a good thing. If people noticed a very small improvement in my skin then it would mean my scars were that much more apparent to them in the first place :wall: blehhh).

I will stay with the emu oil as i don't think it is causing me any harm.

I will continue to look into other alternatives, like ACV or..Turmeric (sp?). If those fail (if i even try them) then i will move on to more expensive and aggressive treatments/ procedures....it will still be awhile for that though, considering i have only been off Accutane for about... 2 months.

I can't remember when i started using the emu oil now... :think:

I'll try and figure that out for my next post.

To Everyone:

Don't give up.

Grrr...

Today, is a gross day. I hate those days.

Yesterday i didn't get to have a shower at night because of all the time i wasted on homework (i count that as wasted time). So this morning i feel extra gross. I mean i still washed my face and stuff last night, but it's just not the same :(

Anybody feel the same way?

My skin seems to look worse today, i don't know if that is just because i didn't have a shower, or just all the extra stress from having 2 essays to finish today, and then start an exam tomorrow...and then start finals.. (high school shit).

I have two tiny bumps just under my nose (i think they might become just small white heads..if nothing) And usually i wouldn't mind, but it has just been awhile since i have had two bumps on my face...and even a longer time of having two bumps next to each other...grrrrrrr.

I will let it go.. no use wasting time on something as pointless as two little bumps.

HMm.

:think:

can't remember what i was going to say...it was definitely more important than what i said above ^ ....shit.

***Hope the best for the rest of you.

maybe i will remember what i had to say...probably not, but ...yeah.

I'm back.

No, i don't remember what i was going to talk about before. (figures) :doubt:

But i couldn't concentrate on my essays.

..feeling kinda down.

I think i'm going to go eat something.

I forgot to add some originality to my message.

I'm definitely loosing it today.

Yes, i am writing after writing ...after writing.

I just had my shower (read above if you missed my whole dramatic gross feeling day, event thing..i know its not that amazing, but the way i feel right now is!)And everything is wickedly awesomely good ..for now :D

I can't believe that missing a shower for one day affected me so much.

But i'm good now...so its all good.

Until i realize something obvious to everyone else about myself (my skin) but for now i am in dream land of showery freshness.

**If this message made no sense to you that's a good thing. **

still finishing up those essays.. one more paragraph on the first one.... and nothing done for the second ! woooo!

fuuuug

Not too much going on right now...(everything has become slow motion ..not actually, but progress wise it feels like it).

i have gotten some acne back...(which i've been without for about month..thanks to accutane)

I am pretty sure its just stress because of all my obligations with school and life. grawwwwwwwr

just two little ones on my face..but 3 little ones on my chest..never really had that problem before so its creeping me out.

I don't know why it was so hard to say that...maybe saying it somehow makes it more apparent.

????

iunno.

I am pretty sure the emu oil is helping my scars... maybe 10% (that might be an exaggeration..but once again i dont know)

Maybe its just time thats making my scars look better, w.e it is i guess its good.. could be better, but i dont know

(not happy, not sad..well sad about the new spots...but ....yeah.)

Veteran member..woot woot.

Today is normal, all those little problem areas that i had the other day are now clearing. (thanks to a bunch of bp haha).

I decided to use the emu oil on a couple more scars, still not sure about improvement in the others, but its not making them worse, so why not?

Still using the AHA+ every other day. Using the emu oil everyday.

I don't like that the emu oil makes my skin shiny, but what can you do. (i guess just use it at night...its the weekend so i am putting it on in the morning, unless i go out..)

*hope everyone is doing well.

:dance: I feel more knowledgeable or something do to my veteran status haha.

Taking a step back, FUUUUU******

hmm, not really sure how to begin this, but i am just going to put it out there and hopefully find an answer within the following week. (that would be nice).

I've gone back to using the Emu oil on one scar, the reason i have decided to do this is because when i put emu oil on more than one scar i get A lot of oil on my face and it seems to irritate my skin. (meaning it has caused little break outs here and there, nothing major, but it seems to follow the location of the emu oil....grrr).

I can't say i have noticed a difference in my scars....booo.

I wish i could say that was the only bad news, but i have some more.

Tried a new shampoo and conditioner i got for Christmas the last couple of days (wanted to be nice and use it, you know?) But every morning after using it i wake up with an itchy scalp.... and i have acne on my scalp now..... :cry: its not super bad or but its spread out quite evenly throughout.....i can feel it.

Does anyone know what i can do about this? I have obviously stopped using the shampoo and conditioner, but will my scalp go back to normal...it still feels the same ?? How long do you think it will take???

I know that once you get a break out it takes awhile to get under control because the breakout causes other break outs which cause other little break outs and so on and then it calms down again....it would just be nice if i knew how long that would take to subside...

:doh:

I'm Lost for now.

* I have decided to pick up some ACV (apple cider vinegar) the next time i'm in a health food store...so probably thursday. I WON'T be putting it on my skin, but i will drink 2 tsp a day with a glass of water..one in the morning and one at night...i figure this could help with my scalp. I am avoiding putting ACV on my scalp or face because my skin is very sensitive...especially now because of that damn shampoo and conditioner. GRAWRRWRRRRRRR.

:mad:

My scalp has started to feel better...still irritated, but a lot better.

I think it will be another week until i feel back to normal (or what i consider normal).

My scars on the other hand still look exactly the same, i'll still stay with it though.

Should i still pick up the ACV tomorrow? I would only use it as a drink, not as a topical. (at least not for awhile).

If i do get it i will tell you. Yes you. :surprised: and i will take 2 tsp a day not 2 tbsp..just because i don't think i need that much.

*feeling very indecisive again.

hate that.

Same old.

Emu oil = unknown to me still. It has helped the redness in my scars...or some of it at least, but i cannot say it has changed their overall appearance.

Should i stay on it longer...who knows

My scalp is doing a lot better now, :pray: Thank god. I still have lots of red marks all over my scalp from where it was irritated (could this have been an allergic reaction?). but other then that it feels good and normal again.

I picked up some ACV on thursday, i have been taking 2 tsp per day. one in the morning one around bed time. I mix it with a big glass of water and drink it through a straw and then i fill up the glass again and swish just plain water around my mouth. Can't say if it is helping anything or not, but its good for you so i don't care. As for the taste i have no problem with it. I won't put it on my scars or anything yet .. i will wait at least 2-3 months before that.

Hope everyone is doing well.

*just remembered... I HAve finals!

:wall:

....i'll be back on at random hours...depending on my schedule.

Gotta be honest.

I'm actually feeling quite good today, my skin looks exactly the same but i have more energy.

(could it be the ACV?)

w.e i like this feeling.

I'm going to keep on doing what i'm doing. I have finally realized i can't do much for my scars right now, just because of the Accutane i was prescribed. (post accutane...2 months and some now :)).

End of march.. something like that... i will start something[fraxel probably..fuuuck]. As for now... i just gotta live.

(its very likely that i'll feel different in a few days, but what can you do?)

Hope everyone the best,

K march might be too early.

April then.. end of April..

i don't know haha.

Feel like shit again.

Scars look like shit, I am really considering fraxel... i can't remember which one... there are like 3 different kinds i think.

W.e the one that works best for acne scars.

I won't be able to get it for awhile. garrr...accutane.

I want to get at least one treatment before my grad.

(you think i would worry about my marks..and education .. MY FUTURE...but that all seems to be washing away when i think about the scars..).

I should probably start posting in a new topic..

this one is officially dead.