Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crescent Cat

Nervous to start

Hello everyone.

I'm Mika and I'm a little nervous to begin this regimen. I'm 24 years old and have had acne since I was eleven. After trying several different treatments, I began just using a gentle exfoliating cleanser twice a day, and those oil removing clothes as needed. My face has cleared up considerably but I still have blemishes and white heads.

I'm really frustrated and tired of it so I'm willing to try this regimen, but I'm wondering if my exfoliating cleanser will irritate my skin once I begin using BP. As of now I have no irritation and I sort of need to exfoliate. See, I have rather large pores on my nose and they tend to get gunked up. After I exfoliate my nose is smooth and clean but later through the day dead skin and oil tends to get trapped in my pores to the points were I could scrape it out with my finger nail. It's disgusting and I'm tired of my stupid large pores.

I'm just wondering if I would need to stop using my cleanser. Right now I'm using Neutrogena Deep Clean. I've had good experiences with Neutrogena products so I'd really like to continue using it.

Another problem I have is that I have facial hair and I have to shave it at least once every other day. Shaving is my only option. Waxing doesn't do anything and neither does Nair (except in giving my a chemical burn) and getting laser hair removal treatment is too expensive. I know shaving irritates skin, which is probably why I have white heads on my upper lip and chin, but what else can I do? I have dark hair so if I let it grow out people are going to notice.

So that is where I sit at the moment. I'm willing to try the treatment on this site and be consistent with it but if anyone has had experience or issues similar to mine, I'd appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

Hello everyone.

I'm Mika and I'm a little nervous to begin this regimen. I'm 24 years old and have had acne since I was eleven. After trying several different treatments, I began just using a gentle exfoliating cleanser twice a day, and those oil removing clothes as needed. My face has cleared up considerably but I still have blemishes and white heads.

I'm really frustrated and tired of it so I'm willing to try this regimen, but I'm wondering if my exfoliating cleanser will irritate my skin once I begin using BP. As of now I have no irritation and I sort of need to exfoliate. See, I have rather large pores on my nose and they tend to get gunked up. After I exfoliate my nose is smooth and clean but later through the day dead skin and oil tends to get trapped in my pores to the points were I could scrape it out with my finger nail. It's disgusting and I'm tired of my stupid large pores.

I'm just wondering if I would need to stop using my cleanser. Right now I'm using Neutrogena Deep Clean. I've had good experiences with Neutrogena products so I'd really like to continue using it.

Another problem I have is that I have facial hair and I have to shave it at least once every other day. Shaving is my only option. Waxing doesn't do anything and neither does Nair (except in giving my a chemical burn) and getting laser hair removal treatment is too expensive. I know shaving irritates skin, which is probably why I have white heads on my upper lip and chin, but what else can I do? I have dark hair so if I let it grow out people are going to notice.

So that is where I sit at the moment. I'm willing to try the treatment on this site and be consistent with it but if anyone has had experience or issues similar to mine, I'd appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

CC,

I noticed you had no replies, but put a lot of effort into explaining your situation, so here's my input. I'm a 22 yr old male, similar situation. I used to used an SA exfoliating scrub twice daily for years and years, only to continue getting whiteheads that eventually turned into inflamed pimples. I think you're on the right track attempting to reduce irritation as much as possible. Maybe it's because of my own situation at the moment, but I would recommend that if you're going to try something new, try doing less. Use a gentler cleanser (maybe cetaphil) and shave every morning ( i did this and i love to shave now.. not irritating at all if I follow Dan's shaving recommendations). I think if you really feel like you need to start in on the regimen, do it exactly the way Dan describes it, including the gentle products. Use and AHA lotion to exfoliate, just as Dan says. Although i've never tried the regimen, i've always been tempted. Actually, I think i'm going to try doing nothing for a while and see how that goes...

Hope this helps..