Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
piee

Jaw line acne + Benzaclin

Ok so, I'm a 17 year old male and a couple months ago i started getting white heads all over my jaw line. I HATED IT! So naturally, i started popping em, which wasn't a very good idea. They kept on coming back.

A few days ago, I went to my normal doctor who we hoped would transfer me to a dermo but he didn't. He looked at me for 2 seconds and said here try Benzaclin. Not only do I hate the fact that it has terrible side effects such as dryness and flaking/ sometimes diarrhea, but it's also very pricy and he's not even a demotologist.

I read about jaw line acne and it seems to affect women more than men, which pisses me off. Then I read about this treatment for it called Accutane.. the side effects of which also pissed me off. I am a weight lifter and here's Accutane's side effects: Weight gain, bone thinning, and BREAST TENDERNESS... YAYYYY :snooty:

I'm just wondering, has anyone else found Benzaclin to work for their jaw line acne and when you get off BenzaClin, does the acne come back?

All help is appreciated!

Benzaclin is amazing stuff and very expensive. Until your body decides enough is enough, acne will always come back no matter what medicine you're on.

I tried Benzaclin a long time ago. It works very fast and just stops working overtime.

does the acne get back to square 1 or is it better than before u started using benzaclin?

Slightly better.

ewww did u go back to using like normal benzoyl peroxide products? if so, how'd that go ? Right now i use 2% syliclic acid.

This was like 2 years ago, I went to see an acne clinic(Face Reality) that lasted for about maybe 6 months. Then up until now, I do not use anything but a 35% glycolic acid peel. My acne has died down about 80% cause of age.

Benzaclin also stopped working for me after 2 months and my acne returned to the same state it was in prior. However for the 2 months it did work, it was the best stuff I had ever used.

Benzaclin also stopped working for me after 2 months and my acne returned to the same state it was in prior. However for the 2 months it did work, it was the best stuff I had ever used.

see but i hate that.. thats just useless if it doesnt actually make ur skin permanently better. Would u recoomend i get a 25g or 50g jar? 50g jar comes with 15$ rebate but still

It's really hard to say that anything will make your skin "permanently better."

I would get the 25g jar, if it doesn't work for you, then you would have saved some money.

It's really hard to say that anything will make your skin "permanently better."

I would get the 25g jar, if it doesn't work for you, then you would have saved some money.

ok thank you and sorry i didn't mean Permanently i meant a bit better or better for some time after. Some people make it sound like it comes back in a day after you stop using it and that they have acne in the same areas as they used to. Is that true?

Because most my acne is on my jaws and about that.. is that hormonal or what? I don't touch my face at all and I don't use a cell phone very much,.

Usually, acne starts at the forehead and makes it's way down, but some people just have it in particular spots. It may not come back in a day but in due time it could.

How old are you? Male/female?

I think Benzaclin will be excellent for you, but be warned it may eventually stop working for you as it contains an antibiotic (Clindamycin) which your body can form a resistance to. Hopefully you'll be lucky enough and the Benzaclin will work for you a long time.

Good luck.

I think Benzaclin will be excellent for you, but be warned it may eventually stop working for you as it contains an antibiotic (Clindamycin) which your body can form a resistance to. Hopefully you'll be lucky enough and the Benzaclin will work for you a long time.

Good luck.

oh, thank you! I'm just wondering though, what did YOU use after benzaclin? Also, how were the results overall?

Benzaclin work literally almost overnight when I used it. I kinda hated using it because once it dries it makes you feel like your using a clay mask.