Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shar26

Extreme Dryness, Help!

Having a big problem with dryness. i'm 12days into accutane, very dry anyway but simply nothing seems to keep the area around my mouth and chin the least bit moisturized. I've used three different moisturizers lately, good ones at that. And after an hour or so of moisturizing the area around the mouth is like peeling and flaking majorly, large flakes at that.

Any ideas anyone?

I'm currently drinking nothing but water as well :(

Any help i would really appreciate...

I have found that taking 800-1200 mgs of Vit E daily completely wards off the dry flakies. If I go a couple of days without taking it, I get dry and crusty in the areas you described. This strategy was suggested by my derm. I only moisturize 1 time a day now.

I moisturize a bit heavy with Dove or Ponds. They work great and my face is getting smooth. I'm on day 29 as of today. I'll put it on after I get out of the shower or wash my face, then 20 minutes later, I'll apply a little bit more on my cheeks and nose. Then I'm good until I wash my face again. I assume it's the amount of water you drink and the dryness that your facewash creates (I use dove with 1/4 moisture cream in it, it's great!).

I don't drink enough water though, I need to break that habit...

Having a big problem with dryness. i'm 12days into accutane, very dry anyway but simply nothing seems to keep the area around my mouth and chin the least bit moisturized. I've used three different moisturizers lately, good ones at that. And after an hour or so of moisturizing the area around the mouth is like peeling and flaking majorly, large flakes at that.

Any ideas anyone?

I'm currently drinking nothing but water as well :(

Any help i would really appreciate...

Hello!!!

What have you tried??

E45 lotion is very good. Its perfume free & non greasy.

Rose.

Thanx 4 the input :)

and i was using nivea soft with jojoba and vitamin E, vaseline intensive care lotion and my regular moisturizer i have been using which is simple oil balancing.

However i think its just been a side effect with starting the accutane and i'm starting to get it under control a bit. I do actually have some E45 somewhere in my house so i will dig it out.

Just with having the extremely dry skin and a huge initial break out from the accutane it got on top of my a a bit. Getting all sorted now :)

Thanx again :D