Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luearmy

Tried popping a pimple that wasnt ready - disastrous results! pics included

Tuesday, i feel something on my cheek, a big pimple incoming. I freaked out because ive been clear for months and i have a big event coming up for NYE. i squeeze the absolute hell out of it, causing swelling and redness, the pimple was not ready to pop. i wake up Wednesday, woah, my face is all red in the area and the pimple seem to still be under the skin. i play with it some more, still trying to pop it but nothing. Thursday, it looks disgusting, a massive red sore on my face with that hurts and cant be covered up, still not ready to pop. Play with it some more in a desperate attempt to make it pop, nothing. Friday morning, it finally popped, and alot of blood oozed out. After popping, i wiped it with alcohol and all this time have been putting bp on it. Its Saturday night here now, and this massive fuck off red mark/scab/remnants of the pimple and playing with it are left. here is a pic of what it looks like.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5746/fuckcl4.jpg

my question is, i have to host an event on NYE, so basically 4 nights away...how long would this fucker take to heal, and how can i speed healing?

post-44152-1230392126_thumb.jpg

post-44152-1230392126_thumb.jpg

I've had one of those before.

My advice? Do not touch it from now on. Leave it.

As soon as you want to try and squeeze it, STOP - you are just going to reset your 'time left to fix itself' clock.

Maybe on the 4th day you will be able to get it down due to a head forming, but I would leave it well enough alone, do not try and touch it.

I would however apply a lot of BP over it and maybe put a band-aid over the BP gel to hold it there overnight.

Bad idea to put BP on an open pore. Should have put Neosporin on it, try using ice, it helps with redness and swelling.

repeating what was said. Leave it the hell alone. I had a pimple story exactly like that when I was younger. I gave it hell and it gave me a scar. Just leave it alone and hopefully it'll go dow by itself.

you should put neosporin on it. apply it whenever you can and dont play with it. i always see improvement within a cpl of days when i use neosporin

Just put toothpaste on it Bunny :)

Toothpaste can be very irritating to the skin and may even burn the skin. It is not a recommended pimple treatment - especially for a lesion that is already sore and scabby. The toothpaste will probably only irritate and possibly burn the skin.

The reason some people use it is because it has a drying effect. Lots of products that are meant to treat acne can do the same thing, without burning or overly irritating the skin. Toothpaste also use to have zinc in it, which at one point may have been somewhat helpful in healing a pimple. Toothpaste doesn't generally contain Zinc anymore.

aloe will have that healed in no time. i recommend aloe life skin gel or aloe straight from the plant- not that watery stuff like fruit of the earth.

I second this, although I do use Fruit of the Earth. :redface: Also, what Wynne said.

Hi..I'm new here..but have tried it all, since Ive had acne for 35 years..Buy zinc oxide ointment and utilise it. No squeezing no more attempts to forcibly extract oil, etc. Toothpaste usually only works for very tiny mildly red acne-and even then I never found it to be much assistance.

The zinc oxide will actually draw the oil and associated blood to the surface and you can remove it easily and gently with a tissue before re-applying. I used to put a dab of zinc on a bandaid at night for open blemishes.

Aloe sounds good too, but it doesnt draw out oil and doesnt moisturize or provide a barrier.

i would ice it as well or get it injected with cortizone...i never tried zinc oxide i did a search on it at walgreens.com and it comes back as Diaper Rash Cream is that what you use to draw out the puss from a zit?thats news to me.

Desitin Diaper Rash Cream (40% zinc oxide) works miracles on red marks and I'm sure it''ll help out in your case :D

I also say stop using the BP. You're only going to aggravate it more. Remeber that BP contains an acid so it will irritate your skin, especially if it's already aggravated out of hell.

Just put toothpaste on it Bunny :)

Toothpaste can be very irritating to the skin and may even burn the skin.

yes, it can burn the skin. it burned mine pretty badly after i put it on open cysts. if i remember right it took 3 days for the red scabs to go away.

Guest missyjean130
Please see last link in my signature. I'll copy/paste it here:

This question comes up so frequently.

Here’s what to do when you’ve messed with a pimple and it looks horribly swollen, red and painful now.

Keep in mind that the treatment may also prevent an incipient cyst from getting worse.

The treatment may also help prevent Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH) or ‘red marks’.

Basic recommendations:

Apply ice.

Take ibuprofen
or
naproxen sodium.

Do not mess with the lesion anymore AT all.

Antibiotic cream/ointment and a band aid for night.

Detailed explanation and rationale:

Ice how-to:

Wrap an ice cube in a thin cloth towel or paper towel so the ice doesn't directly touch your skin. Some recommend freezing a bunch of water-filled little paper Dixie cups in the freezer. The thin paper cups make it convenient to hold and apply ice to the lesions. That’s a great idea from Laura, the esthetician that Willow569 goes to.

Hold the ice to the lesion for one minute or so on, five minutes or so off. Repeat as often as necessary throughout the first 24 hours, but not to the point that your skin turns pale or feels uncomfortable. The ice will reduce the swelling and the pain and the redness. The ice may also limit the development of post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation, PIH, or ‘red marks’.

Anti-Inflammatory how-to:

Ibuprofen and naproxen sodium are anti-inflammatories. Inflammation is redness, swelling, pain. One or the other medication will help reduce the inflammation of any type of infection and may also help with pain. Use only as directed on the package, pick one or the other, and don’t use for longer than directed. Of course, don’t use one if you’re allergic to it!

If your doctor has ordered an antibiotic due to the inflamed lesion(s), continue to take the antibiotic as ordered. You may still take an anti-inflammatory for pain and swelling. The antibiotic is for the infection (bacteria) and the anti-inflammatory is for the pain, redness, and swelling.

Topical antibiotic cream/ointment and band aid how-to:

(Neosporin, Polysporin, Bacitracin, etc. I use Polysporin more often.)

Apply a dab of antibiotic cream/ointment to a small band aid (this prevents contamination of the tube provided the bandaid is sterile and you’ve not touched the pad part with your fingers or anything else).

Put the band aid on the lesion. Leave on overnight. You don't have to do this step, but it provides an extra measure of infection-control and just feels better, too.

The antibiotic cream/ointment may help prevent indented scarring.

There you go. Good luck! :D

This is the only advice post here I 100% back-up.

She's brilliant.I followed her advice a long time ago and benefited from it greatly.