Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdl001

Is this familiar to anyone???

I've suffered from mild to moderate acne since i was a teenager (I'm now 23) but getting the odd cyst every so often. My face was in reasonably good condition until about a week ago cysts just seemed to appear overnight all over my face. The biggest being dime sized and the smallest pea sized, approximately. They were very red and angry looking so now i'm reluctant to leave my house and avoid all social situations.

I've been using Dan Kern's Regimen and it seems to be bringing them to a head but it's a slow process and my skin is now looking very dry and flaky as well as being covered in huge cysts.

I thought my skin had settled down after years of problems as a teenager. Although i did suffer from larger, harder cysts when working in egypt in summer but the doctor said that was a result of skin infection from dealing with unfamiliar bacteria.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced these sudden breakouts all over their face and/or understand why this has happened and also what they did to sort this problem? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

John

Hi John,

I'm a 22 year old male and can relate to what you are saying.

Having come off a 6 month Accutane course several years ago, my skin was clear - however 6-12 months later the acne began coming back, then was clear again.

In the last 6 months or so I began having the occasional pimples, and then every so often (1 time per month or so) I would be hit hard after a single day, and nothing I could think of was the cause of the sudden burst of acne.

I am putting myself back on 20mg of accutane after seeing a dermatologist and this (like before) seems to keep my acne at bay - for now.

I would suggest looking at taking up accutane if you can arrange to see a dermatologist.

It's the most effective thing in my experience - second to that being benzol peroxide (however accutane is far far more effective).

I would continue on with Dan's regime (that uses Benzol Peroxide) and book in for an appt. with a dermatologist.

Cheers

Thanks for the advice!

The thing is my skin is usually pretty clear, this is only the second major flare up i've ever had so i'm wondering if going on accutane with all the side effects it entails is going over the top.

I'm thinking this might be a bad reaction i've had to something as i caught a cold around the same time as the cysts popped up and this could be the body's way of getting all the crap out of the system.

I'm currently on a healthy diet

How probable does this sound?

Hi John,

i totally know what you mean about not wanting to leave the house :( I have cystic acne prone skin as well, and if you can land an appt. with a dermatologist he can either inject the cyst or give you an oral antibiotic