Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I read a topic on this site about ibuprofen gel (5%). Andd its a lil bit of an old thread and hasnt really been too active lately so i thought i would try and bring it up and get a bit more input into it.

This is the original topic where i got the idea:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Topical-i...bl-t204919.html

Anyway i went out and purchased some ibuprofen gel (5%) a lil while back and have been using it lately, apparently its worked wonders on some people because it prevents new acne from forming. I've been using it about 4 days now and i think its already showing signs of preventing new acne from forming :D i will keep people posted with what happens with it but i am pleased with it so far with what it appears to be doing.

Only problem i have is that it burns quite a bit for the first couple of minutes its on my skin, doesnt like flare my acne up or anything it just burns for a bit. But i've kept at it and i think the results are now beginning to show a little bit :).

Anyone else tried this? Any other input about this product would be good! I have moderate - severe acne andd this is a product i feel quite confident about, i know the product is specifially for like sporting injuries etc lol but it appears to be good for acne as well!

Anyone ? loll :think:

I've been using the gel forr 6 days i think now, other than the lil bit of burning at first i've had no other issues and i think its starting to work quite well =]. Seems to keep acne at bay, magically. Could just be me though, i know its worked on other people when they've put it into their regime.

I do know that IBprofen is an anti-inflammatory and that when it comes to acne, that's always a good thing! The burning you had could just have been an initial reaction from your skin adjusting to it - but I'm very glad it's worked for you!

I've seen some info on that somewhere quite recently ... but I don't think this product is available in the US, unfortunately.

keep us posted, Shar!

It's still experimental, but I juiced some ibuprofen liquid gel caps into my face cream, made it up to 5% strength and then I stirred in 10% tea tree oil as an antibacterial as well. It's only been a week or so, but it's seems to be working the same as the separate gel/tto cream I've been using for ages.

Ibuprofen liquid gel caps seem to be available everywhere. They're mostly just ibuprofen dissolved in alcohol and water, and a few other ingredients (they're intended to be swallowed, but there didn't seem to be anything especially worrying to me at least from a skin care point of view in the ones I bought).

The only downside of this seems to be that the gel caps are a bit more greasy than the gel I can get in tubes.