Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zilong

Does Acne Ever Die?

I hear that acne goes away with time. Like when you get older it goes away. I understand it is not the same for everyone so no need to lecture me on there. But I want to know if it is really true that acne goes away as you get older.

Is there anyone out there that had lots of acne when they were young but out of nowhere it all stopped? Acne just picked up and left ALL on its OWN? that's possible?

During Teen years is when the normal human being starts having acne. Acne, for some people, even starts when they are much younger.

Many people stop experiencing Acne as they mature into their later years, but for some, they still have to battle it out as an adult.. It might even go to your 40's and 60's.

Yes, its possible Acne can stop, but why wait till that day, if you can stop it now.

the acne bacteria becomes resistant to all the products we use on them and we end up with super bacteria where the strong ones survive and become resistant to the products we use. thats why if one topical works at one point, it eventually stops working after some time, especially with antibiotics. eventually super bacteria ill take over the world :(

Bacteria will not become resistant to benzoyl peroxide, seeing as it provides an oxygenated environment, whereby acne bacteria cannot survive.

I am hoping sooo... i started a new blog to track my acne.. maybe this will help me figure it out too.. but it's so hard. I'm 28 years old already.. almost.. and I am still suffering from acne and acne scars.

What do I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?????

I am serously thinking of laser treatments but then I've done some research these past months... and some of the reviews on even the best acne laser clinics have bad ones..

I can't trust anyone with my skin anymore!

i need advice Please!

yo dont worry, it'll go away with time. My acne was pretty bad when I was 15-17.. and though i still get the occasional pimple (now that im 20), my skin is far more managable.

The majority of people grow out of acne in their early to mid twenties.

For me, i used to get the same type of acne all over my face. But there would be 5-6 at a time on my forehead, and then probably another 5 or so scattered throughout the rest of my face. So i only used bp on my forehead. I am 26 now and i no longer get acne on my face, but i tried quitting the bp on my forehead and i had the worst breatout ever there(i am talking like 25 painfull big red pimples, the type that never forms a whitehead). So i think i would have grown out of acne on my forehead as well just like i did on my face if i just left it alone. But now i believe i am stuck with applying the bp forever there.

So be careful with any acne treatments. I'd recommend people only treat acne if its moderate-severe. The mild-moderate acne will clear on its own in due time.