Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what is everyone's favorite foundation? i like almay right now but would like to try something new-what's some make-up thats good to your skin (non-comegenic) but still has good coverage?

I used to use Everyday Minerals until I discovered bb creams- blemish balm creams. If you search on bb creams, there are tonnes of reviews from beauty bloggers and online forum members about the usage of bb creams. As with all products, its a trial and error product, but bb creams are very natural looking

BARE ESCENTUALS (I spelled that wrong, I think)

You have to be careful with minerals...Bismuth Oxycloride, an ingredient in most mineral makeup, can cause and aggravate cystic acne. Mica.... usually in higher amounts in mineral makeup--can irritate acne-prone/sensitive skin. Also the Mineral Veil contains Zeas Mays (cornstarch) also is a pore-clogger and provides a favorable situation for bacterial growth.

So...sometimes mineral makeup is not the way to go. I also found that it also doesn't give any coverage. I am sure it's great if you have perfect skin that is not prone to break-outs. Good luck.

what is everyone's favorite foundation? i like almay right now but would like to try something new-what's some make-up thats good to your skin (non-comegenic) but still has good coverage?

I am using Double Wear by Estee Lauder. It hasn't broken me out..it's oil-free, non-comedogenic and it gives me awesome coverage for post acne marks. I love it. You could also go on the website of www.makeupalley.com and it's where everyone rates everything from makeup to moisterizers. It's just a place where you can get unbiased reviews from people that have actually used the stuff. Hope this helps. I know how hard it is to find the magic makeup:)

'

I used to use Everyday Minerals until I discovered bb creams- blemish balm creams. If you search on bb creams, there are tonnes of reviews from beauty bloggers and online forum members about the usage of bb creams. As with all products, its a trial and error product, but bb creams are very natural looking

I want to hear more about the BB creams!!!

Where do you get yours, and what kind is the best?

I only found out about bb creams not even a year ago and after reading so many rave reviews and looking at the before and after pics, I had to try it out. Even though, the before and after pics were of pretty models with flawless skin in the before shots, the fact that the bb creams were used on those who underwent laser surgery got me interested and that bb creams must do a pretty good job of concealing and healing the skin.

You can buy bb creams on ebay, there are some live journal sprees but I dont know how that works as I've never bought from them. I get my bb cream from Hong Kong Yahoo blogs, as I find it the cheapest and the sellers get back to me really quickly.

I cant say what the best brand is, as I've only used Dr Shrammek (sp?) and Dr Jart+, and Dr Jart+ is great for me. I didnt want to buy cosmetics brands, so after all the researching, I went with Dr Jart+ which is a cosmeceutical/dermatology brand. I only just found out that Dr Jart+ has a US website now, you can check it out but the prices are hiked up a lot.

There are loads more brands eg BRTC, Lotree, DR G, Hanskin, Skin79 etc - but I've not tried them

HTH :)

The highest quality of bb cream brand is BRTC. They have 9 patents, sold in 9 countries and use botanical ingredients. My girl friend uses this brand and swears by it. Most of their bb creams- are light concealers with natural and healing functions such as wrinkle repair, blemish cover, and jasmin water that helps nourish the skin and rebalance the skin to its natural state.

She buys them off www.BRTCstore.com

Their prices are very fair, and they are the official store for North America. She bought bb creams from ebay on 3 different occassions. One was past the expiry date, and the other 2 were slightly opened and that is why she started buying from the official store.

I only found out about bb creams not even a year ago and after reading so many rave reviews and looking at the before and after pics, I had to try it out. Even though, the before and after pics were of pretty models with flawless skin in the before shots, the fact that the bb creams were used on those who underwent laser surgery got me interested and that bb creams must do a pretty good job of concealing and healing the skin.

You can buy bb creams on ebay, there are some live journal sprees but I dont know how that works as I've never bought from them. I get my bb cream from Hong Kong Yahoo blogs, as I find it the cheapest and the sellers get back to me really quickly.

I cant say what the best brand is, as I've only used Dr Shrammek (sp?) and Dr Jart+, and Dr Jart+ is great for me. I didnt want to buy cosmetics brands, so after all the researching, I went with Dr Jart+ which is a cosmeceutical/dermatology brand. I only just found out that Dr Jart+ has a US website now, you can check it out but the prices are hiked up a lot.

There are loads more brands eg BRTC, Lotree, DR G, Hanskin, Skin79 etc - but I've not tried them

HTH :)

I'm using Signature Minerals. (They're Paraben Free · Bismuth Free · Phthalate Free · Sulfate Free · No Talc · No Cornstarch · No Petroleum Derivatives · No Artificial Fragrance · No Artificial Color ) I love the coverage, and the color match is perfect.

My drugstore brands were breaking me out so I tossed them. I'll never go back to liquid foundation again. Even my husband likes the coverage of the minerals. He hates most makeup, but doesn't even know when I'm wearing my minerals. I've been testing them during hardcore running sessions just to see how they perform and astonished how well they stay on.

BTW, I sampled makeup from over 6 different minerals companies and not all minerals are equal. Jane Iredale, for example, slid off my face after about 1 hour. Others made me itch do to the addative bismuth. An australian brand Inika had too much mica so I appeared shiny. Others have limited color choices. So try out some recommended brands and see how they perform for you. Good luck.

I've been using Vichy Norma-Teint (sebum proof) for the last year and a half. I soaks up the oil and has zinc in it which is supposed to be good for acne. It has a nice smooth finish and covers nicely. They only come in four shades so it may be tricky to find the right color.

For some reason, mineral and powder foundations made my acne slightly worse and it looked less polished on my face. I definitely prefer more emollient foundations for my skin type. They go on better and have not aggravated my acne. My absolute favorite, holy grail foundation is L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable SPF 17 makeup in Neutral 1 (Ivory). :)