Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gandalfbean

Apples, bananas and strawberries

Okay, so i was looking up edgar cayce's method for treating acne and i found this page

(edit. whoops. i guess i can't post links. just google "edgar cayce acne" and its the first page)

"Fruits are fine in season except raw apples, strawberries, and bananas. "

that's the line that confuses me.. so is he saying that we should NOT eat raw apples, strawberries and bananas?

or that raw apples, strawberries and bananas are fine to eat Regardless of the season..

I'm sorry , i'm not asking for opinions on those fruits (afaik most fruits are good for skin), just an explanation of wth that line means.

Well I know with apples is that they coat the surface with wax and freeze them in season, so by time it's off-season for apples, they thaw them & remove the wax, so it's basically a raw apple...just really age & not in season. That may be the case with strawberries and bananas. Just pick up whatever your local market has.

He means not to have those he lists.

At least the diet section seems to contain some good info, but I wonder what makes him think to avoid pork (except for crisp bacon)...?

He means not to have those he lists.

At least the diet section seems to contain some good info, but I wonder what makes him think to avoid pork (except for crisp bacon)...?

Maybe parasites? Crisp bacon would be okay I guess since it's thoroughly cooked. Just a guess though lol.

I think the Edgar Cayce diet recommends general avoidance of red meat, not just pork. His diet is basically the USDA food pyramid + food combining.