Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I did a quick look around the site and didn't see any comments of this.

What about the use of pure oxygen? I've heard of evidence that it works. Can anyone back this?

How would you apply it? If oxygen just as a gas worked, then we'd all be cured because theres plenty in the air.

BP and H202 work by making pure oxygen when broken down, killing the acne. But both of these products can be absorbed by the skin first. I personally see no logic in just straight up oxygen gas.

Oxegynization - (sp) I heard about that on VH1. I'm not sure if we've had any members try it, though. Sounds interesting, what have you heard?

I read a post a while back (sorry, can't remember who or where) that someone put a fan right by their face while sleeping and it cleared them up. I'm very tempted to try it since I'm always clear in the summer when I use a fan in my room. Besides, I think the worse thing a fan could do is dry me out a little (and make me a little cold, lol)....certainly wouldn't hurt to try :dance: Maybe that has to do with oxygen, I dunno.

My manager has an "IonCleanse" business and has recently added an "oxygen bar" to her treatment room.

I thought IonCleanse was total bullshit at first, but actually after doing it noticed increased energy, feeling of well-being, etc...

http://www.oxygenbars.com/

Most of you probably don't know what IonCleanse is...I had no idea either!

But she says I have to do it routinely to notice a difference in my skin.

I'm going to try this as well as her "Oxygen Bar"...ill let you know how it goes.

The way benzoyl works is by oxygenating the skin. Benzoyl is not oxygen, but it makes oxygen inside the skin. Air is generally 21% oxygen.. Which obviously isn't enough.

Possibly having some plants that release a lot of oxygen will help, a tiny, tiny bit. Possibly what would help is having a compressed tank of oxygen, and (whilst holding breath of course) blowing heaps of oxygen onto the skin, stopping and stepping well away often to take breaths.