Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clover

Differin Every Other Day

Hi Everyone,

So a bit of a long story:

I'm 22 years old and I started using BP (Duac) when I was in high school. It worked fine on its own, but it also caused wrinkles so I stopped using it in May.

For the entire summer, my face was pretty horrific. I have Cystic Acne, whiteheads, and these hard little bumps that have plugs in them. I also have really fair skin so even the slightest bump or bit of redness shows up really apparently.

In mid October I started using .01% Differin. (Only 3 times a week though b/c I'm concerned about hair loss which I've been told occurs with retinoids. Is this true?) Throughout October and November, my skin got steadily better.

Then December came and this entire month it's been purging (so a few cysts and losts of small bumps and lots of redness). I'm hoping that this is just the initial breakout since I'm using the stuff less often then most people, but I'm also wondering if this stuff is just not working.

We'll see.

Clover.