Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Packerfan785

Allergies/Diabetes

How are these discovered by your doctor? Blood tests?

A couple of months ago I saw a nutritionist who told me to add two servings of grains to my meals even though I didn't really want to. For a number of months before that I was on a paleo diet, during that period of time my skin improved. A couple weeks after adding grains back in my skin got worse and worse over time. I also saw a doctor in the middle of the period of my paleo diet about fatigue, being underweight, and acne, and blood tests came back excellent, but she admitted herself I looked like a "sick child." If I was in a state of ketosis would they be able to detect diabetes/allergies? Also do you think this could be leaky gut?

My plan right now is to do cleansing, continue eating paleo again, and expanding my supplementation to include prebiotics, glutamine, and electrolytes.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I also saw the doctor due to getting shingles and a couple of stomach viruses in a short period of time.

yes allergy tests are done by blood. did you get one or no? sounds like you might be gluten sensitive.

I had one but I read that if you were not eating gluten at the time of the test it would go undetected.

How are these discovered by your doctor? Blood tests?

A couple of months ago I saw a nutritionist who told me to add two servings of grains to my meals even though I didn't really want to. For a number of months before that I was on a paleo diet, during that period of time my skin improved. A couple weeks after adding grains back in my skin got worse and worse over time. I also saw a doctor in the middle of the period of my paleo diet about fatigue, being underweight, and acne, and blood tests came back excellent, but she admitted herself I looked like a "sick child." If I was in a state of ketosis would they be able to detect diabetes/allergies? Also do you think this could be leaky gut?

My plan right now is to do cleansing, continue eating paleo again, and expanding my supplementation to include prebiotics, glutamine, and electrolytes.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I also saw the doctor due to getting shingles and a couple of stomach viruses in a short period of time.

A fasting blood test would reveal diabetes or hypoglycemia if it were present; I'm almost positive glucose levels are tested in even the most basic blood tests. One thing that may have covered diabetes if it were present is if you had eaten a decent meal fairly close to the blood test. You could always go back and ask your doctor to have more comprehensive blood work done for diabetes or discuss other means of testing.

As far as allergies, there are blood tests and "prick" tests your doctor can administer but apparently these don't always reveal allergies. You may want to see a reputable naturopath or other health care practitioner to get a comprehensive allergy work-up.

Also as far as the blood tests for gluten, you do have to be eating gluten for them to be accurate. If you're pretty sure you're allergic though, try avoiding it for a while and see if your health improves (if it does, you most likely are celiac/gluten-intolerant).

Also as far as the blood tests for gluten, you do have to be eating gluten for them to be accurate. If you're pretty sure you're allergic though, try avoiding it for a while and see if your health improves (if it does, you most likely are celiac/gluten-intolerant).

While avoiding gluten my skin was great, everything was normal.

Added grains back into diet due to nutritionist and skin got worse, along with my memory. (started making stupid mistakes such as typing the name Josh when I wanted to type John)

Avoided gluten and inflammation calmed down and all problems disappeared.

I do seem to get the same inflammation with sugar in general though...