Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dely07

Anyone used these foundations??

I am looking for a new foundation i am currently using revlon colourstay for combo and oily skin in ivory but ivory is too pink and buff the next colour up is too dark so i would like to try a new one

but as you acne sufferers know it is awful finding a foundation right for you e.g oil free, non acnegenic thick enough to cover up bad spots ect and because i'm very pale it is a nightmare finding foundation

so these are the ones i have found has anyone used them and what were they like for your acne/coverage/overall

Urban Decay-liquid foundation

Stila-Oil Free liquid make up

prescriptives- virtual matte foundation

rimmel- cool matte moose 16 hr

rimmel- lasting finish mineral foundation

laura mercier- oil free foundation

cover girl- clean make up/clean make up oil control

Keeping in mind i live in england so some of these you might not have in other places than england :)

Thanks Guys

x

I am looking for a new foundation i am currently using revlon colourstay for combo and oily skin in ivory but ivory is too pink and buff the next colour up is too dark so i would like to try a new one

but as you acne sufferers know it is awful finding a foundation right for you e.g oil free, non acnegenic thick enough to cover up bad spots ect and because i'm very pale it is a nightmare finding foundation

so these are the ones i have found has anyone used them and what were they like for your acne/coverage/overall

Urban Decay-liquid foundation

Stila-Oil Free liquid make up

prescriptives- virtual matte foundation

rimmel- cool matte moose 16 hr

rimmel- lasting finish mineral foundation

laura mercier- oil free foundation

cover girl- clean make up/clean make up oil control

Keeping in mind i live in england so some of these you might not have in other places than england :)

Thanks Guys

x

Hi

have you tried Estee lauder double wear?? its amazing

i used to wear revlon this is a similar foundation but abit more pricey but def worth it!!!

E x

I haven't tried any of those, but Bare Minerals is really great. I have really fair skin and it's the only foundation I've found that isn't too dark and actually looks natural on me. The colors have more of a yellow undertone than pink so I think it could be a good match for you.

haha im in the exact same situation! i use colorstay and i have to combine a little of the buff beige (150?) with the ivory to make it work. then it actually matches my skin tone! then use physicians formula rx concealer its AMAZING!

*sigh* Yep. I just mix stuff too :)

And yeah, I find Revlon pink too.

Elizabeth Arden *something* in Vanilla was a bang on colour match for me. Although my skin was okay then so I haven't tested out the coverage that brand offers. No tell a lie - they make really great concealer. So I imagine it would be good. It is a little expensive, but not too bad.

Loreal also has one that I've used that was nice. (Can't think of the name of it??) Each shade comes in three tones C N or...W? (I only wear the Cool or Neutral but I'm pretty sure the other one is Warm.) It's the one in a little glass bottle with a silver cap.

Urban Decay-liquid foundation (Broke me out)

Stila-Oil Free liquid make up (Didn't cover zilch and gave me cysts)

prescriptives- virtual matte foundation (Nice makeup, color matching problems, I had to mix two colors, I'm also very pale)

rimmel- cool matte moose 16 hr (Didn't like, it caked on me after a few hours)

rimmel- lasting finish mineral foundation (Not tried)

laura mercier- oil free foundation (Liked, but expensive and tended to turn me a bit orangey)

cover girl- clean make up/clean make up oil control (Good makeup, lightweight, had to use concealer because of the lightweight coverage, the smell I can live without but they make fragrance free version)

My pick would be prescriptives. Even though now I use either Teint Idole from Lancome or the new Maybelline Liquid Dream makeup, I would try prescriptives again because it does not make me breakout out. they can also color match you and give you a10 day sample to try at a prescriptives counter. Which is a bonus if you want to try before buying.

Estee Lauder makes the Double wear matte for very acnenc and oily skins. It can cover virtually everything. I personally think it's too heavy for everyday wear but a lot of girls on here wear it. The Full coverage makeup is the bomb if you want beautiful perfect-looking skin without looking cakey, again I find it too heavy for daytime use.

I don't care for Rimmel at all and Urban Decay made me breakout in cysts which is a shame because I love their eye makeup. Try to buy at a place where you can return it if you don't like it. Most Department stores will take stuff back with no questions asked.

Hey! I'm in the UK too, I haven't found any all-rounder that doesn't make my acne worse so I use Dermablend concealer to cover the real nasties then Bare Escentuals mineral foudation over the top. They're both expensive (slightly cheaper on eBay) but last a long time and make my skin look a hundred times better.