Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elmojie

hi, new here. Please help on advice

hi

I'm new here. I need some advice on my scars, I have had a bad case of acne since childhood and have been living with low-self esteem because of my scars. i have scars on both my cheeks, both right and left temple and some on my forehead. I am not sure what type they are, can any help? I also have very very large pores. I think its the biggest, i cant tell the different between scars and pores :wacko:

Can anyone recomend any treatment which is idea for these type of scars and enlarged pores?

Thank you sooooooooooo much :angel:

post-91233-1230316218_thumb.jpg

post-91233-1230316248_thumb.jpg

post-91233-1230316273_thumb.jpg

post-91233-1230316218_thumb.jpg

post-91233-1230316248_thumb.jpg

post-91233-1230316273_thumb.jpg

i would love to know a treatment for your type of scars as well! i have the same type of scarring, but i also have acne :( your skin is as clear as can be. how did u get rid of ur acne??

hi tired princess,

I have went to see a few dermatologist, and they all recomend the same procedure....... Fraxel laser!, i think its the re:store kind. They said that its the best treatment right now and it will also minimised pores ~ i hope!!, but i did get a warning that it would take time to see the result. I was not sure about Fraxel after reading so much horrid stories and the treatment is expensive. 1 doctor offered to do only my cheeks and not a full face course at the cheaper rate. He was saying he wanted me to try it 1st to see if this fit my skin. I might give that a try, but it would have to be after Jan 09 as i have some trips that i need to go. Dont want to risk being in the sun after the Fraxel laser ;)

For my spots, it clear by it self. Maybe its because i'm 30? But after my early 20's i didnt have so much acne, just a few spots now and then. I use Clearasil Ultra spot cream. It works wonders. Also the best way is to make sure you wash your face and use toner to get rid of those stubbond imprurities on your skin and moisturise.

I think the toner helps a lot!

I'm from Asia, so i drink lots and lots of water (not coke or any soda's, just plain water) because of the hot wheather. I think it helps.

I will keep you updated on the progress of the fraxel.

hi tired princess,

I have went to see a few dermatologist, and they all recomend the same procedure....... Fraxel laser!, i think its the re:store kind. They said that its the best treatment right now and it will also minimised pores ~ i hope!!, but i did get a warning that it would take time to see the result. I was not sure about Fraxel after reading so much horrid stories and the treatment is expensive. 1 doctor offered to do only my cheeks and not a full face course at the cheaper rate. He was saying he wanted me to try it 1st to see if this fit my skin. I might give that a try, but it would have to be after Jan 09 as i have some trips that i need to go. Dont want to risk being in the sun after the Fraxel laser ;)

For my spots, it clear by it self. Maybe its because i'm 30? But after my early 20's i didnt have so much acne, just a few spots now and then. I use Clearasil Ultra spot cream. It works wonders. Also the best way is to make sure you wash your face and use toner to get rid of those stubbond imprurities on your skin and moisturise.

I think the toner helps a lot!

I'm from Asia, so i drink lots and lots of water (not coke or any soda's, just plain water) because of the hot wheather. I think it helps.

I will keep you updated on the progress of the fraxel.

Don't waste your money on crappy lasers like the Fraxel:restore. Your doctor is a fucking moron if he needs to test your skin for a fraxel! Like come on Faxel:restore works for all skin types. I have simular scaring as you and I had 4 goes with the fraxel with absolutely crap results. The only thing I liked about fraxel was the initial swelling, but that does not last unfortunately.

Since your skin type is very prone to hyperpigmentation plus the warm climite where you live, you can forget about ablative lasers. Yes, fraxel:restore is the best if you dont want to risk any side effects, but you wont get the results you want.

But if you still insist on getting the Fraxel, please ask the doctor for before and after pictures of HIS own patients. A lot of doctors use other doctors before and after pictures which is really bullshit. If they can't even provide you proof for consistency, then just tell him goodbye.

I am just advising you because there is no magic bullet yet. I'd say you can either wait for the next breakthrough in acne scar revision or try something like dermarolling, fillers, etc...