Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi ! My name is Eva and I'm 28.I have acne since I was a teenager.This may sound weird but I would like to have a boyfriend who has acne too,because I would feel much,much more comfortable around him.I won't have to try and hide my face with my hair,or go out only at night time,or run straight into the bathroom in the morning to put on my make-up.

I would like a boyfriend who believes in the holistic approach,for clearing his acne.I am going to start a low-carb diet I read about here on this forum,so it would be nice if we could support each other :)

I must say I have two children,one is 3 and the other is 6.

I'm really sorry if my post is inappropiate,or if it bothered anyone but I'm tired of being so lonely and I'm too shy to find someone in the real world :redface: So if anyone is interested please PM me.

I do not think your post will bother anyone, except that I do not think this is the right area to post it in. I think it will just end up getting moved.

If you have a relationship with someone who really likes you, your acne wont be an issue. It sounds to me like you are eliminating all the guys who don't have acne because you think you will be uncomfortable with them. This is such a horrible thing to do, because you narrow your choices significantly.

Everyone has SOMETHING they are insecure about.

well from your picture you seem to be very cute! you should have no problem finding a boyfriend. i wouldn't worry about acne in this situation.

i had a similar idea to have a dating/networking section on the org way back, and everyone called me creepy for this proposal, which it is hardly creepy at all. There is nothing creepy about people wanting to hang out and understand eachothers life perspective, and possibly starting a relationship. Of course nothing is gauranteed ever to work out, but you got a good chance of relating with eachother starting at the org.

Your resemblance to Jeanne Tripplehorn is uncanny.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bX13T28PFgfQ/610x.jpg

I don't think the idea of a dating section is creepy. But you have to remember there are many people here under 18 and many over 18. So things can get creepy. Plus you don't want people warring on the boards when their relationship goes bad. That's why I think the lack of a dating section is probably a good thing.

^^dude you have very little acne, alot of people here are way worse off than you.

That wasn't a necessary comment, based on the subject matter. PM him if you have a problem.

Wow autonomous, I do not see why people would think that at all...

My girlfriend usually has flawless skin, but gets acne sometimes around her period. It never made me feel any better about my acne if I had it.

If you both knew you were only dating each other because of your skin,

wouldn't that be kinda weird? I know you might end dating for other reasons,

but you only started 'cause this person had acne too?

That would be kind of weird, kinda like dating someone you met in group therapy, which is generally not a great idea.

At the same time, it would be so much easier to relax and be myself around someone who knows firsthand what I'm going through. I wouldn't be afraid to be seen without makeup in front of someone who also had acne. Maybe my skin would even clear up because I wouldn't be as stressed about it.

Ya I agree with most of the above.... When you find someone who you have a real connection with, he may or may not have acne. My first boyfriend didn't have it, but my current one has it worse than I did before I took Accutane. Yet, he acts like it doesn't even bother him and he's an amazing (and gorgeous) person!

I will feel sad for the future kids.

I could have sworn I was browsing acne.org and not eharmony.com, must be the alcohol

Chika, you are BEAUTIFUL.

But posting on here about wanting a bf...=/ It's a bit strange.

You'll attract many guys cause you are gorgeous! You shouldn't need a guy with acne to make you feel comfortable. A guy who will truly love you won't make you feel uncomfortable because of your face. You gettem tiger =]v

If you were to find someone on this site that you had a connection with and you eventually developed a relationship with that person, I see nothing wrong with that. However, advertising yourself as you did is a bit creep-status.

Well, while that may not have been the most common introduction one has ever given themselves here on Acneorg, I do welcome you here and we're glad you found us. It may be a difficult thing to find an actual relationship here - it has happened in the past - but it may do you some good to hang around here a bit and make some friends before you plunge yourself into the world of dating.

You are not alone in feeling lonely, please know that, and there are plenty of people here who also desire a relationship. Just make sure that you aren't rushing it - be easy on yourself and good things always come from that!