Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
webbie

Does your skin get worse as the day goes on?

Do any of you find that when you first wake up in the morning, your skin actually looks GOOD? I have mild acne, so the pimples are not usually as much of an issue for me as the texture and tone of my skin is.

I find that when I first wake up, my skin tone looks good, I'm just a little oily and my skin feels and looks smooth. But as the day goes on, I have a few small flesh colored bumps on my left cheek that become noticeable to me, my skin tone is not as even as it was when I first woke up and of course my skin is oily within a few hours. And sometimes I notice other small blemishes as well. By the late afternoon/early evening, I can't wait to wash my face, especially if I don't apply any powder or don't use an oil blotting sheet during the day.

Everyone who I ask about my skin tells me that they don't notice the flesh colored bumps unless they are very close to my face or I point them out, which I can understand because I only have a few and they are small and they tend to come and go depending on stress and what type of product I am using on my skin. People do agree with me though that my skin is oily, there is no denying this!

It's so strange to me that my skin looks good and feels smooth when I first wake up but as the day goes on, things go downhill from there. Anyone else experience this? Maybe it's because of my skin being oily, and other environmental factors?

My skin and my makeup look good for about 2 hours before things need to be touched up.

Sort of, when i first wake up, skin looks good and all that, but soon as i have a wash, it just seems to look worse, like a cooupel marks on ym skin from old spots go red etc, and i find later on in the day, my skin looks better, weird ey!

Same with me.. I'm beginning to think it's an irritation problem. Washing too much can irritate and make marks look more pronounced, I hate it. Mine starts off looking good in terms of marks being faded, then after I wash(even just with water sometimes) the marks come out a little more. Then as the day goes on it slowly seems to get a little better but then by the time it's bed time it seems to be bad again... I've realized that simple regimens with little to no irritation are the best when it comes to skin tone and marks/scars.

and yet we continue to wash..?

Let me clarify...

During the work week, I wash within 5 minutes of getting out of bed. However, there have been times (home sick from work, on the weekends, etc) that I may not wash for several hours after waking up. Either way, my skin seems to get worse as the day goes on. I don't think the washing/not washing right away has anything to do with it.

This happens to me as well. I love how fresh and even my skin looks in the morning. I think it looks worse as the day progresses because when you leave your house, all the pollution and whatnot from the city accumulate on your skin and makes it look dirty. Exfoliating regularly seems to make my skin look fresher for longer, though.

Usually when i get up my skin looks quite good but then as soon as i wash it it does seem to just go down hill like it seems with most other people. Howeverr i find after a couple of hours after washing etc my skin gradually gets better throughout the rest of the day. Then when it comes to the evening and washing etc before i go to bed its all bad again lol. Weird indeed :think:

Same goes for me but I think it's usually due to sebum production as your face gets more and more oily throughout the day.

and yet we continue to wash..?

Let me clarify...

During the work week, I wash within 5 minutes of getting out of bed. However, there have been times (home sick from work, on the weekends, etc) that I may not wash for several hours after waking up. Either way, my skin seems to get worse as the day goes on. I don't think the washing/not washing right away has anything to do with it.

I find this also. Maybe its because all your body "systems" are relaxed and rejuvenated while we sleep and then we wake up and everything kicks in. Including systems that carry toxins? Who knows. If i looked all day like I did when I first woke up, id be much happier thats for sure!

This has definitely happened to me for the past 5-10 years. BUT, I've been on Accutane for about 40 days now and it has officially stopped doing that. Now, it's like every time I wake up I see improvement, but it no longer gets worse during the day.

Not that I think you should go on Accutane just for this, but it makes me think this has to do with sebum production.

are you sure that you're comparing your skin in the same lighting? In my bathroom, i have yellow light, and since i have yellow undertones in my skin, my complexion looks great in my bathroom. But at work, where they have white light, my skin sort of looks duller and more uneven.

Just something to keep in mind.