Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cherry_13

WHY DO MY MAKEUP BRUSHES SMELL BAD AFTER I WASH THEM? AND HOW CAN I CLEAN THEM WITHOUT WASHING THEM?

WHY DO MY MAKEUP BRUSHES SMELL BAD AFTER I WASH THEM? AND HOW CAN I CLEAN THEM WITHOUT WASHING THEM? I NEED TO KILL BACTERIA ON MY BRUSH SO I DON'T GET BREAKOUTS, BUT HOW CAN I CLEAN MY BRUSHES WITHOUT WATER? :wacko:

:shrug: it could be the soap that you're using, or it could be the bristles themselves. if you're using animal hair bristles, your brushes are going to smell a little funny after washing them.... kind of like wet dog. anyway, it's important to wash your brushes about once a month with a mild soap. you can use your shampoo, or a lot of people like using baby wash or baby shampoo.

there are some cosmetic companies that sell brush cleaner that i believe does not require any water, but usually these are pretty harsh and can shorten your the life of your brushes.

Dry them hanging up - bristles down.

I do this with my paintbrushes too - just bundle the ends together with an elastic band and loop it over a cupboard door handle to drip dry.

You can't dry them standing on their ends because the water runs back into the ferrule and damages it. It gets all funky in there and then your bristles fall out.

But you also can't ever leave them standing on their bristles. Especially when they're wet!

So you can dry them flat but obviously bristles down but not resting on them will work best.

You can't dry them standing on their ends because the water runs back into the ferrule and damages it. It gets all funky in there and then your bristles fall out.

But you also can't ever leave them standing on their bristles. Especially when they're wet!

Good to know!