Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ardelle

Clear down the middle of my face...

My forehead, nose, above my lip, under my eyes and chin are all impeccably clear. I'm very happy with that. However, the sides of my face - outermost part of my cheeks, temples, next to eyes - are all breaking out in red inflamed pimples. Usually all of my face is breaking out, so there must be something besides my new eating plan that's keeping my t-zone clear, but the sides pimply. What could be causing this? Is it my pillowcase? I've heard that can give problems to some people, so I just now changed my pillowcase to a fresh one and will be changing it every night for a while to see if that helps. Anything else it could be?? I just don't see how simply my pillowcase could be making it this bad for the rest of my face...

I have the same type of trouble and came to the same realization last night; it's how I sleep. I usually sleep on my side with my right cheek on the pillow. Sure enough my right side is worse then my left. I've tried sleeping face up but it's difficult to get used to. I'm going to start just switching pillow cases every other night as well and see how it goes.

I realized that I'm going to burn through pillowcases really fast, I'll have to be washing them in the laundry quite often. But I guess it's worth it if it works...so tell me if the changing pillowcases works out for you.

Try changing bedsheets. Sometimes the detergent or fabric softeners causes acne. Or like above, just sleep on your back and not on your sides.

It's only been two days, and I swear I can already see the difference...no new breakouts! Normally in the past week or two, I've been getting a new pimple every time I wake up in the morning...so this may be working!

I realized that I'm going to burn through pillowcases really fast, I'll have to be washing them in the laundry quite often. But I guess it's worth it if it works...so tell me if the changing pillowcases works out for you.

:D I had the problem with my pillow, etc. etc. and what I do now is wrap a towel around my pillow and change it every 4-5 days or so. I wrap it lightly so the pillow's not being squeezed--just lightly wrapped. ^^

This doesn't put too much of a burden on the laundry, and no acne on my face! :]

Just a tip ^^ Best of luck!

:D I had the problem with my pillow, etc. etc. and what I do now is wrap a towel around my pillow and change it every 4-5 days or so. I wrap it lightly so the pillow's not being squeezed--just lightly wrapped. ^^

This doesn't put too much of a burden on the laundry, and no acne on my face! :]

Just a tip ^^ Best of luck!

Wow, that's a really good idea. I'll definitely be trying that instead.