Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stolis8

Redness and Dryness Below Eyes & Around Sides of Nose

Hi,

I've been using the regimen for about 7 months now on my nose, chin, and around mouth, and I am happy to say I'm clear. However, I have sort of developed these really weird patches of skin below my eyes and on the sides of my nose which are constantly red, dry, and bumpy. In fact, it's hard to be certain, but it seems that the bumpiness is primarily due to little flakes of skin that are coming off. The weird thing is, I don't even apply the BP to that area of my face, and I have been especially careful to avoid those areas recently.

I have tried apply different moisturizers such as Cetaphil and Aveeno Redness Relief overnight, but they only seem to exacerbate the situation by making the areas redder and more bumpy. I have also tried applying emu oil, but that gave me the same results as the moisturizers. I also tried putting Dan's AHA on those areas to potentially rid get rid of the bumps and flakes, but that did not seem to work either. My only short-term success was when I applied diluted AHA (half Dan's AHA and half Cetaphil moisturizer) overnight. This combo essentially fixed my problem, but within a week, the redness, dryness, and bumpyness slowly came back.

I really do not know what to try next. Does anyone have suggestions or comments on what this could be and a potential solution?

I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi,

I've been using the regimen for about 7 months now on my nose, chin, and around mouth, and I am happy to say I'm clear. However, I have sort of developed these really weird patches of skin below my eyes and on the sides of my nose which are constantly red, dry, and bumpy. In fact, it's hard to be certain, but it seems that the bumpiness is primarily due to little flakes of skin that are coming off. The weird thing is, I don't even apply the BP to that area of my face, and I have been especially careful to avoid those areas recently.

I have tried apply different moisturizers such as Cetaphil and Aveeno Redness Relief overnight, but they only seem to exacerbate the situation by making the areas redder and more bumpy. I have also tried applying emu oil, but that gave me the same results as the moisturizers. I also tried putting Dan's AHA on those areas to potentially rid get rid of the bumps and flakes, but that did not seem to work either. My only short-term success was when I applied diluted AHA (half Dan's AHA and half Cetaphil moisturizer) overnight. This combo essentially fixed my problem, but within a week, the redness, dryness, and bumpyness slowly came back.

I really do not know what to try next. Does anyone have suggestions or comments on what this could be and a potential solution?

I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Buy a moisturizer where you can use below and around the eyes such as creamy moisturizer, Night of Olay. For the other patches of dry skin, revert back to Daniel's Moisturizer and add 8 drops of Jojoba oil.

That would fix your problem within 3-4 days.

Timothy, what is different between the Night of Olay moisturizer and the Cetaphil and Aveeno moisturizer?

And I stopped using Dan's moisturizer because it makes my skin incredibly red.

I really don't understand why the moisturizers I have used make the redness and dryness worse....hope I don't have to go the dermatologist.