Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GuavaGirl

Foods/Vitamins to help my acne?

I'm 14 and have moderate-severe acne. My Dermatologist prescribed me to 90mg Minocycline daily, and RETIN-A to use twice daily. I've been on this for like 2-3 months now and there are no results. It has worsened or gotten better. Just the same underground zits and blackheads and whiteheads. :/

I KNOW that chocolate and greasy/fried foods make me breakout b/c everytime I eat that kind of stuff I get a new pimple(s).

So what kind of foods/vitamins should I intake daily for my acne? What should I avoid besides the usual junk food?

Did any of your parents have acne? If so, when did they start/outgrow it?

What foods are in your typical diet? Are you deficient in multiple nutrients? Do you eat too much processed foods & vegtable oils? Do you drink milk?

How often do you exercise?

Do you get hormonal acne every month?

Perhaps you're allergic to a food.

I'm 14 and have moderate-severe acne. My Dermatologist prescribed me to 90mg Minocycline daily, and RETIN-A to use twice daily. I've been on this for like 2-3 months now and there are no results. It has worsened or gotten better. Just the same underground zits and blackheads and whiteheads. :/

I KNOW that chocolate and greasy/fried foods make me breakout b/c everytime I eat that kind of stuff I get a new pimple(s).

So what kind of foods/vitamins should I intake daily for my acne? What should I avoid besides the usual junk food?

If your parent had bad acne , then i am sorry...

Your gonna keep getting pimples.

I suggest eating healthy , i would avoid Fast food , sugars , wheat.. , all junks !

and try creams.. like Proactiv. It works for me. >_>

Some foods can help remedy acne. Just think healthy next time, and everytime you eat. Basically, so you dont have to limit yourself to a certain diet or meal every day, just get in the healthnut mind set. How i think of it is this: was this food refined and processed by the company? Will it benefit my body? Hmm, is this food greasy or oily to the touch? if so, avoid it. read the nutrition facts on everything to check for 0 trans and saturated fats, minimal calories, and tons of vitamins and minerals. Total is a good candidate for cereal. Instead of white bread, go for whole grain, or flax seed. flax seed is a wonder. A bunch of fresh fruit and expecially fresh dark and leafy vegetables. Dark berries such as raspberries, blueberries, etc. WATER WATER WATER WATER. A minimum of 10 glasses per day, or something like. i dont know exactly, but my rule of thumb is this: drink till your urine clear. haha. since your in school, i suppose, take a water bottle to school so you can spread your water intake evenly. too much water can be bad though (water poisoning).

Apparently dairy is bad. Avoid all sweets and junk food since they seem to break you out badly. NO FAST FOOD whatsoever.

I would recommend a multivitamin initially. Try that out everynight.

If you don't see results right away, then don't give up, because acne takes time. I can relate to you with that. Since your 14, your major cause of acne could be puberty. So its all your hormones, not the food. But a healthy lifestyle still benefits all other areas of life.