Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LATOO

I dont understand. HELP PLEASE.

For some reason accutane isn't working for me. Im on my 5th month. I can't seem to figure out why my face has only been worse since starting it. I used to get cysts that would go away within a couple days. Now they just stay on my face and never go away they leave like a little ball under the skin.

If accutane stops oil production and clears the pore shouldnt I have stopped breaking out?

I eat healthy, I might have a "white food" but only in a small portion.

Should I get allergy tested? Even then, how is a pimple suppose to form when I am producing NO OIL....what do you guys think could be the reason Im not clear..... I really just want some opinions on what to do from here being that my course ends in 3 wks. Thanks!

if your skin is not really oily, you should probably either try dropping certain foods from your diet that you have fairly often and/or get tested for food allergies/intolerances. I have never had cysts, but it seems like a lot of people have reported getting cysts from certain foods.

expell the concept of dropping foods from your diet, just eat the foods that give you what your body needs and and thats the end of it, make sure you get all your mineral and vitamin requirments, eat low gi fruits very sparingly.

Ive heard of people clearing up right after their course, so it is a possibility for you, but do not bet on it.

their is also a possibility their is some other reasons for your acne they may need to be looked into, very very rare though, but not inmpossible.

good luck!!!

the "ball under the skin" from cysts.. i was getting those on my neck! They kind of shrink over time. For me, they haven't completely disappeared 100%. If i tilt my head up to stretch my neck, you can kind of see those "balls". It's fucking depressing, i know.

Don't worry too much though. They'll go away eventually. It'll just take a Long time.

Which of the known allergens are you eating? Are you using topicals?

expell the concept of dropping foods from your diet, just eat the foods that give you what your body needs and and thats the end of it,

Why, do allergies, intolerances and the like no longer exist?

What products are you using on your face? It could just be that something you're using topically isn't agreeing with your skin.

expell the concept of dropping foods from your diet, just eat the foods that give you what your body needs and and thats the end of it,

Why, do allergies, intolerances and the like no longer exist?

Yes, eliminating foods one by one or eating a hypoallergenic diet for a period then introducing foods one by one is the best way to determine allergies and intolerances. Dairy, wheat/gluten, citrus and eggs are among the most common.

I discovered that citrus caused most of the severe cystic acne. Also, 2 courses of accutane did absolutely nothing for me. Diet cleared my skin within 2 months.