Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cherry_13

I need comments from anyone who has tried "every day minerals" make-up

Personally, I love it! It looks really natural on me and doesn't bother my skin at all. However, everyone is different. While most people have great experiences with it, there are still others whose skin just doesn't agree with it. The best thing you can do is get one of their free sample kits and try it yourself. You just pay $3 shipping and you get 3 samples foundations, 1 sample concealer and 1 sample blush of your choosing. I hope this helps with your decision.

Merry Christmas!

it's good in the summer but now that it's cold out i can't wear powders. wish they'd make all-natural creme foundation...i tried mixing powder & lotion but i didn't get very good coverage.

i just bought some last week and i really like it! i have such a hard time matching my skin tone and this stuff matches so well! plus it looks natural, is light weight, and washes off easy. HOWEVER i dont think this makeup would work for me if my skin was really oily and broke out... i dont think it would cover (my skin pretty clear right now). just try the free samples and go from there :)

I have used EM for nearly 3 years now and I am officially addicted. I think I own every single product they make! If you are willing to work and learn to apply it properly, you can get excellent coverage. My face is full of angry red marks and active scabby spots, and I'm able to cover every bit of it with EM. The scars do show in direct sunlight, but other than that I look passable to go to work and do the things I have to do. Give the sample kit a try - if you post pics on the EM forum you can get some suggestions for foundations to order.

Also you wanna make sure to get the right formula so it fits the needs to your skin. Ori glo, semi matte. matte, and intensive.

many people have irritations to one of the four formulas so better to sample all formulas as well!

When I do wear makeup, which is not often, I can only wear EM. But it doesn't cover me up very well...maybe I am doing something wrong? If i used more I look flaky, but that is mostly just b/c it is winter. Any tips from you others?

edm didn't work out for me. it oxidized on me, made me more oily, and showed every single flake line and pore. it aged me tremendously. that being said, i do find that edm seems to work better for pple with oily skin types; i have dry skin.

I ordered a sample kit online a month ago, but I was not able to achieve as much coverage as I would like. I bought a kabuki brush from their website, but I reckon I should have used a different brush for better coverage.

I ordered a sample kit online a month ago, but I was not able to achieve as much coverage as I would like. I bought a kabuki brush from their website, but I reckon I should have used a different brush for better coverage.

i ordered their flat top brush... and at first i didnt like it.. but now that im used to it i love it. it gives a lot more coverage than a kabuki brush. maybe try that one?

I love it too. And I've tried a few other mineral makeups. I do think they complicated up the color selection last year though, which makes it hard to find your shade. Just order lots of sample sets.

To determine color, be sure to use the heavier coverage formulas like intensive because with the lighter coverage, the color doesn't have to be as exact and you can think you've found your shade, then order a heavier coverage and it doesn't match at all. So try intensive while picking the shade, then you can try the different formulas to see which you prefer.

I use both intensive and original glo. I put the intensive where I have the most pigment problems and then the glow on top and everywhere else. But that's because I'm older. Matte finish isn't so desirable at my age. I want to look dewy.

And you need a good brush in order to give them a fair test. It's all in the application. I like a flat top more than a kabuki.

Thank you for the advice, I just ordered the flat top brush! I really want to switch back to mineral makeup because I am wearing this loreal crap that probably clogs my pores.

Everyday minerals broke me out in cystic acne. It wasn't as bad as Bare Minerals for my skin, but it definitely didn't work for me. I know it was the EM because I wore it on my forehead for a week or so and my forehead broke out like mad. FYI, my forehead hasn't broken out since the sixth grade before I wore this stuff on my face.

Don't get me wrong, though, it's great makeup...if you aren't sensitive to large amounts of mica like I discovered that I am.

I have gone back to my old staple now, which is plain and simple L'Oreal Bare Naturale.

Even though it has fillers and chemicals (because it's a drugstore product) it does not break me out for some reason. :doh::think:

Everyday Minerals is a beautiful and natural-looking make-up. The coverage, with some practice, is awesome, but still looks natural. I personally can't use it, because it made me break out with cystic acne, but it doesn't do that to most people, and it's definitely worth a try.

This is your partner in crime while you're on DKR. I too have tried Bare Minerals and it broke me out particularly because of the Oxychloride ingredient. EDM looked great on my face, very natural and healthy looking. It didn't cause me to breakout either. EDM has more shade selections than BM and EDM is so much more affordable. I recommend getting their custom kits, what a money saver!

I'm one who can't go out the door with no makeup, but I don't want to look overdone if you know what I mean. EDM does the job and gets me to where I need to be and helps me do what I need to do. Through tons of trial and error phases, Everyday Minerals is my HG makeup!

EM is my HG product. i've been using EM since 2007 and i'm in love... :wub:

coverage is great while still looking natural, doesn't agitate my acne, extremely affordable, and they have a nice range of shades and colors - so just about every skin tone can be accommodated.