Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carmusen

Why do we NOT see a person with ACNE in TV/MOVIES?

Are people with acne at the bottom of the totem pole in terms of appearance? The only person with acne in media that I could think of is that one contestant on American Inventor show who invented the two-person bike.

Why is it this way? :-(

i actually saw that guy in real life at some festival a couple of years ago..it was after the show..his acne went away but he had pretty bad scarring..

Its true but even if people do have acne i'm pretty sure they all wear makeup including guys, or they have good camera angles and lighting that reduces the appearance of acne while being filmed.

they can edit that stuff easily....

whenever i have my worst breakouts i just watch movies in my room most of the time, and man i cant even watch the movies cus im focusing on their skin! i hate it!

What they can do with makeup is incredible. It is depressing to watch tv when eveyones skin is flawless though...

One of the kids on Big world, Little people has acne and we were watching Extreme Makeover, home addition and this kid had terrible acne. Just the only 2 shows that I have seen it on. Elf

Yes I have wondered about that too. We see so many fat people on TV. On some of the shows they are even lead actors like King of Queens etc. But I dont see any people with acne on TV...

What they can do with makeup is incredible. It is depressing to watch tv when eveyones skin is flawless though...

exactly. even on some talk shows they have an "angelic glow" filter especially on soap operas!

my sister saw heather gram [or some other blond celebrity i forget her name] on a set of a film walking by and she said her skin was bad and caked it makeup covering her acne.

so don't be surprised. you really think they pay makeup artists to do a so-so job on their actresses? :whistle:

its all lies!

make up and good lighting help.

Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston, Samuel L. Jackson and Megan Fox are examples of people who have pockmarks and scarrings.

The only real celebrities with clear skin are the ones who actually do the commercials like

Hayden Panettiere & Vanessa Hudgens.

I watch too much TV to know this!

the models on the victoria's secret show all had acne when they showed them behind the scenes before they put their makeup on.

Watch a movie with Cameron Diaz or Renee Zellwegger on a large HDTV. Or you can watch anything with Brittney Spears. You will see the acne. Cameron's can get pretty bad on her cheeks. The acne is out there folks. Even on celebrities.

just remember all actors on TV and Movies, all people on the News, Journalists, etc. etc. etc... if they are on TV they wear MAKEUP, even the men. So just remember that, professional makeup artists are incredible.

Are people with acne at the bottom of the totem pole in terms of appearance? The only person with acne in media that I could think of is that one contestant on American Inventor show who invented the two-person bike.

Bottom of the totem pole? I'm sure those with serious physical deformities might argue with ya. A lot of us here just need to count our blessings, difficult as it is.

But the question is that why should they try to cover it so much with makeup. Its not as if acne is a contagious disease. More over it is more difficult to get rid of acne than fat. Yet we see so many fat people as lead actors on TV, flaunting their fat, and people seem to find it so funny. Maybe because more than half of America is fat so there is no longer a stigma attached to it.

make up and good lighting help.

Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston, Samuel L. Jackson and Megan Fox are examples of people who have pockmarks and scarrings.

I generally consider most examples of "celebrities with scarring/acne" to be pretty poor. The celebs you mention above have really minor insignificant skin issues.

The only actor Ive seen with any real skin problems is this guy http://www.nyt.co.uk/Rob%20Brydon%20black%20and%20white.jpg Rob Brydon

Ray Liotta (before he got plastic surgery), Danny Trejo, Lawrence Fishburne, John C. Reilly, Richard Jenkins (dad from Step Brothers), Dane Cook, Patrick Wilson (Hard Candy), and Jet Li all have noticeable acne scars.

As far as acne goes, I don't see very many people on TV or in movies who have active spots.

Wasn't there already a two-person bike? The bicycle meant for two?

Yes its true that some actresses and actors have acne. That being said, I'm sure most of them DON'T have acne. Think about it this way: just think about your closest friends and how many of them have acne. I think you'll realize that, yes, acne is common, but most people don't have it. Most of my friends have super clear skin. Most people on the streets don't have acne either.

It does get frustrating to see seemingly 'perfect' celebrities on the tele and in films. There is one thing you have to remember...they get paid to look good! Plus, they have a full on staff to make them look that way.

If you had a make-up artist, personal fitness trainer, and nutritionist pick out every single morsel of food you ate...you could look as close to perfect as possible. It's not realistic.

Here's something I found interesting. My folks and I watched "Mamma Mia" the movie. Yes, I'm a guy and I watched it. And I liked it. So there. Anyway, we were watching the bonus features, and I found it interesting that Amanda Seyfried doesn't have the perfect skin we see in the movie. But hey, I still think she could turn a few heads in a good way. Good for her for not being ashamed to show her face to the world or wearing heavy makeup at all times.

jesse mccartney is a celebrity who has really bad skin

but they cover him up with a lot of make-up.

with or without acne he is gorgeous!

I've been waiting for someone to write a movie where acne is very much a part of the film. And I'm not talking about one pimple before the big dance, either. C'mon film makers and script writers! You're overlooking a valuable market.