Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jfac56

can i mix jojoba oil with AHA and between wat steps do i apply it???

ive either thought of using it as a moisturizer, but my skin is very dry so i thought i might need to add jojoba to it

or i could use it as spot treatent but then between what steps do i apply it and how long must i wait?

Yes, you can add a few drops of jojoba oil to the AHA if you need to. And you will apply the AHA after the bp, either instead of moisturizer or before moisturizer.

I tried this, and strangely, I didn't like it at all. It left my skin feeling odd. I thought it was going to be a good idea, but it didn't turn out to be for me. I'm curious to hear from other people on this.

I just recently ordered Dan's AHA+ about a week ago in hopes of finally putting an end to flakes completely and for the most part, it's done just that. I never really considered adding Jojoba Oil to the AHA+ and don't plan to. I only add it to Dan's regular Moisturizer.

I've been on the Regimen for a few months now and had to stop twice due to dry, flakey skin. Both times after working my way up to 1 full pump (the first time I started 1 pump, so that's my fault, 2nd time I slowly worked my way up - keep in mind, I've also used BP plenty in the past) and using that for about an entire week, the dry flakiness would begin. So through some trial and error, the following has worked wonders for me and I've been able to achieve a **mostly clear complexion free of dryness and flakiness for about the past 7-8 weeks:

Morning: About 1 1/4 DK Cleanser, Just short a full pump of DK BP, Just a bit more than 1 full pump of DK Moisture w/ 4-5 drops of Jojoba Oil

Throughout the Day: Oil Blotting Sheets from Gatsby

Night: About 1 1/4 DK Cleanser, Just short a full pump of DK BP, and DK AHA+ (I've used this to completely replace DK's Moisture w/ JO at night)

Now instead of waking up everyday with huge visible flakes hanging in between my eyebrows and around them etc., I have none, all thanks to the newly implemented AHA+. Keep in mind, everyone's skin is different, so while using these specific amounts of product that I have in order to fully counter extensive dryness and flakiness while still maintaining a mostly clear complexion, it may very well be different for you and require more alterations based on your own skin's needs.

**still having trouble getting rid of a few whiteheads that seem to constantly pop up around the chin area off to the sides, but I missed two applications about two weeks ago, so I'll take the blame. I'm hoping that using the AHA+ will also help to prevent those few stubborn pimples that like to pop up over and over. Almost completely clear!

Hey,

I do this and i really like it, it keeps my face moisturized even more. Before when I use to do:

cleanser, bp, aha my face would get flaky and dry in the morning. Now I do cleanser, bp I put a few drops of jojoba oil on my face...let my skin soak it up a little and then put the aha+ on. Works great!

Yeah what T.J said.

I basically did the same thing when i started the regimen, but added 7 drops of Jojoba Oil to my moisturizer instead.

After a month of the regimen i moved onto AHA+ but found that my skin was still partially dry. So after putting on Aha+ i tend to wait 20 minutes (or until sting is gone) then add on a chosen moisturizer.

I heard that some people add Jojoba to the Aha+, but im sure there's really no need to since it solves flake problems just fine.