Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vindictive

My parents are making me stop using it?

Yep, my face is getting better, but they are making me stop. I've been using it for 6 days and they say my face is too red and i'm going to damage my skin. I told them it's normal and my dad said that just because they say it's normal on this website doesn't mean it's true, and they filter bad things people say about it. he thinks the owner pays people to say good things about it, and it's all fake.

pisses me off.

Sorry to hear that. I do understand parents being skeptical - there ARE a lot of sales scams out there for acne products. I can assure you that people here are not paid to post positive results. If we did that, then we would also be removing the posts of people who don'tget positive results (the regimen doesn't work for everyone). I don't use The Regimen myself, but I do know that BPO can cause these kinds of problems when you first start using it - its totally normal.

I'll also say that the redness/irritation factor in the beginning happens with many products. My esthetician at the acne clinic I go to warns her clients ahead of time that this dryness and irritation is very common and not to quit using products because of it (she also uses BPO with most of her clients). The dryness actually helps the skin to exfoliate and peel out the impacted pores, which helps acne to clear.

One thing you might try to reduce the redness is to leave the BPO on for 30 min and then wash it off. If you do that for a couple weeks, it helps your skin adapt to the BPO. You can then work up to leaving it on overnight (start leaving it on for 60 min, then 2 hrs). That is a method they use at my acne clinic to help avoid excessive irritation when first starting BPO products. It takes about 2 wks to work up to leaving it on overnight.

pisses me off.

Ok, listen up. I'm 19 and my parents didn't do actually nothing to save my face and life from scars. How can your dad know what's best for your skin if YOU have found this website without their help and YOU have started using it while having some good results? If they can only tell bad things about all you do then u know what you should tell 'em. Redness is a bad thing, but when girls will turn away fom you just because you have scars on your face some later, you will regret... I mean, Regret about quitting from taking care of your face and not whining like most of parents that "It's all scams and don't believe anybody but us while we don't really do anything to help you, wait abit and it will all go away".

I'm sure you're up to decide by your own mind in case you've found this website.

benzoyl peroxide is a standard treatment for acne...tell you parents to check out the acne section in the drug store.

Yep and they keep saying You're face is not going to get clear since your body is changing. And it already is except for like a few? And my personal favorite:

"Just wait until you grow out of it." HAHA no thanks, I'd rather just use DKR and not have any right now.

Yep and they keep saying You're face is not going to get clear since your body is changing. And it already is except for like a few? And my personal favorite:

"Just wait until you grow out of it." HAHA no thanks, I'd rather just use DKR and not have any right now.

Lols, they're stopping you from using a very good product.

I recommended my friends to this site and now they're on their 8th week and is completely clear. They even said they would buy my movie ticket this weekend. haha.

Have him talk to a derm, even one that you call up and talk to! Have him look at LOTS of sites on the internet, not just this one! Hell, even have him email Dan with his concerns personally - it just seems a shame that your father would yank you off something that's working without researching it first!

Also, if we are paid to say good things, then I need to get a lawyer to sue Dan ASAP, cuz I haven't seen a red penny out of him yet! :lol:

Your father should also do some research on adult acne, not everyone grows out of it. I thought I would, but I'm going on 28 and still have breakouts. It's good to have a plan of action in the meantime.

What if you just continued to use it? I mean, are your parents watching you as you put stuff on in the bathroom?

What if you just continued to use it? I mean, are your parents watching you as you put stuff on in the bathroom?

Like I said, my face turns red afterwards. I'm still going to use it, I don't like to disobey my parents, but I will this time.

I feel bad for you haha. No one is paid to say good stuff about the regimen, although I can see where they're coming from with all the scams I've been through. I guess there isn't much I can say if they believe nothing on this site is real. It's unfortunate though because the regimen is the only thing that worked for me in 10 years.

By the way, if it's such a scam, why would Dan be OK with you buying drugstore products? He doesn't get any money if you buy your products from a drug store, but the regimen still works. Here's my response, tell your parents to shove it. Wow, if I was a paid endorser I'd be in pretty big trouble for saying that!

What a joke.