Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KobeFan

Can someone give me advice/ rate my severity

Pardon me for the image quality..

I'm from Singapore. Right now I'm 14. I've been having acne since 12 . Damn it got worse in a year.. And i dare not look at my myself in the mirror now. Feeling so depressed :snooty: . Went for a couple of facial but it doesn't work. Only a few days later it will pop back.. I was using eau thermale avene cleanser for the past month and nothing else.

Yesterday, i gotten myself tea tree oil products from The Body Shop. They are: Tea Tree Facial Wash, Tea Tree Oil Toner and Tea Tree Oil. I started using last night and em. not really much of change. I shall give a month for improvements hopefully since its natural.

Supposedly here's my routine:

Morning when i wake up: Wash face with tea tree oil facial wash , Wipe with cotton using toner and then apply tea tree oil.

Afternoon: Wash face with tea tree oil facial wash.

Night: Wash face with tea tree oil facial wash , Wipe with cotton using toner and then apply tea tree oil.

I've not had fast food for 3months. dare not touch fried food .

I've been eating oranges and apple everyday. someday even with papaya/avocado juice.

Also i wanna ask. When i play basketball, when i sweat, is it enough for me to wipe with a towel on the spot?

Currently my face , the left of my face has some scars/ blackheads/whiteheads. and right of my face has bumps. near the nose i've some whiteheads. Some scars at forehead.

Papule/pus near chin. All over my face, i have marks, no clear/non affected areas at all T_T

Hope to have your advice and please rate my acne severity

post-91169-1230204719_thumb.jpg

post-91169-1230204737_thumb.jpg

post-91169-1230204750_thumb.jpg

post-91169-1230204719_thumb.jpg

post-91169-1230204737_thumb.jpg

post-91169-1230204750_thumb.jpg

Your acne is moderate.

During the time when "it got worse in a year", did you use any topicals?

Oh, I'm from Singapore too. :D

Erm... i dun think i used any. I didn't sort of take care of my face that time.

So eh.. Is it true that tea tree oil shrinks whiteheads? Cause i have a lot of whiteheads on my face.

Its like a face full of whiteheads and dots.

You might be going through adolescence which promotes acne.

Although I advocate water only/do nothing regimen, they might not work for you. You could try out acne.org regimen and see how it goes. The down side to it is you will need to substain it long term.

There are also some natural home remedies in the treatment reviews section you might wanna check out. But it all boils down to finding out what works for you since each individual have different lifestyle and diet.

Most importantly, no picking, squeezing and popping of pimples. Never touch them.

As I said earlier everyone has different lifestyle, diet and endless amount of factors that contribute to acne. Don't compare your situation to others.

As I said earlier everyone has different lifestyle, diet and endless amount of factors that contribute to acne. Don't compare your situation to others.

Exactly, and each person's own hormonal makeup is significantly different from others even of the same age, similar lifestyles, and even similar genetics. Brothers in the same family for instance, one gets acne, the other doesn't.

Your acne may very well go away on its own. Please be careful about applying so much tea tree oil product as it may cause 'sensitizing' of your skin and induce an allergic reaction. Tea tree oil has been known to cause an allergic reaction.

You might indeed benefit from the Clear Skin Regimen.

hmm thanks for your advice eh. But i heard TTO and BP works the same ?_? hmm i think i'm using for a month and see if there's improvement. No more outbreaks these few days after 2days of using. There's still alot of whiteheads/non inflamed acne on my nose region, between the cheek and nose. Hope to see improvements!

BUMPS!

Now my face getting abit smoother except for the right side of my face, still got 3-4 small bumps.

Is it alright if i scrub? i wanna get rid of the blackheads/whiteheads near my nose and how many times can i scrub in a week?

HELP!!!!!!!

Im using tea tree oil facial wash, toner, moisturizer from the body shop for more than a week and my face didn't get better..

I bought multi vitamins tablet yesterday. containing 5000iu vitamin a, vitamin b1 b2 b6 b12 rda % more than 100 each. vitamin c (absorbic acid) 60mg, vitamin E(di-alpha tocopheryl acetate 30iu every caplets

Contains zinc and other minerals and vitamins more than 30+.

Im having more outbreaks now near the big exploded cyst , alot of papule like this image

I'm despo now. Can i overdose vitamin A?? Heard it helps with acne, can i take like 10000iu/15000iu of vitamin a ? (3caplets)

Help please..

post-91169-1230881110_thumb.jpg

post-91169-1230881110_thumb.jpg

your acne looks just like mine. Really red and inflamed. Looking at your pic makes me feel good. Not because I projecting my jealousy for people with clear skin onto you, but because it doesn't look THAT bad.

I'm on bactrim DS, which helps with the cystic acne.

Try to avoid chlorine, if your water is chlorinated. Wash face with distilled/deionized water

Don't use cleansers, they strip away essential vitamins from the skin.

Don't eat.drink dairy products.

Keep taking multivitamin

Get some Omega 3 gel pills

Doing this and I'm pretty clear, and my face used to look like yours

Also, I wouldn't take more than 10000IU of vitamin A. Vitamin A in supplements is different than accutane. Taking to much can cause some damage

what u mean by not using cleanser?? i thought the regimen is cleanse>tone>moisturize?

and wouldn't taking dairy products aggravate acne?

what u mean by not using cleanser?? i thought the regimen is cleanse>tone>moisturize?

and wouldn't taking dairy products aggravate acne?

Hello

I think he meant don't take dairy products. They can aggravate acne but then again it all depends on your genetic makeup.

I do not know about not doing anything to it but if you want to give it a try go ahead it seems to work for lots of people. However i wouldn't do nothing cause i was doing nothing in the beggining and the acne just appeared :think:

If you want to scrub you should do it no more than 2 times a week.

All the suggestions above are great and you may want to try them all but the only thing i advise is to not try them all at once. I understand you getting desperate about the TTO i got on clean&clear adn got off in only a week cause i broke out badly :wall:

So yeah try them one at a time and see if they work but actually give them time. I recommend when summer time comes around or what ever time you are not gonna be around too many people to start experimenting and actually stick to it that way if it goes bad at least you can stay home and no one will have to see it :dance:

Also if you haven't seen any improvement not eating fried food then it may not affect ur skin. :clap: for eating healthy i am trying a fruit everyday for new year's resolution :dance:

I used to have peers whose skin seems perfect and it appears they do nothing to get that perfect skin, it can get quite frustrating :doh: Just like some people may try to play basketball as well as you do and they just cannot even if they try harder than you. Its just how are bodies are made. It may run in your family. My mom had acne :doh:

Good Luck :dance:

Hey thanks! U made me feel better haha.

I've been taking 2-3servings of fruits everyday man.

Yeah and also the TTO is 1 set from the body shop. TTO facial wash(gel), TTO(toner), TTO(moisturizer) and TTO itself. The toner seems rather harsh though . I guess i should get the seaweed line from body shop next time as i think its not as strong as this. Hmm should i give more time to try this products? been using like 2weeks not much improvements. This sucks, i think is heredity as my mum and dad both had acne

Dude you are worrying too much for a few small bumps. Your condition is nowhere near severe, so treating it like you have severe acne WILL get you severe acne.

My condition in the past was probably 10x worse than yours and I just breezed through it with only a gentle cleanser.

Less is more, remember this.

that picture that shows the bump was the nearest to my condition at my right side of my face i could found on the net . I have a huge cyst that exploded 3times near my nose . How to cure it??

Hey thanks! U made me feel better haha.

I've been taking 2-3servings of fruits everyday man.

Yeah and also the TTO is 1 set from the body shop. TTO facial wash(gel), TTO(toner), TTO(moisturizer) and TTO itself. The toner seems rather harsh though . I guess i should get the seaweed line from body shop next time as i think its not as strong as this. Hmm should i give more time to try this products? been using like 2weeks not much improvements. This sucks, i think is heredity as my mum and dad both had acne

not to jack this thread or anything, what kind of gentle cleanser did you use/or recommend. Salicylic Acid doesn't help too much with my face. I haven't used BP in a while so it may work, but anything over 2.5% is out of the question cuz of its drying effects.

Pardon me for the image quality..

I'm from Singapore. Right now I'm 14. I've been having acne since 12 . Damn it got worse in a year.. And i dare not look at my myself in the mirror now. Feeling so depressed :snooty: . Went for a couple of facial but it doesn't work. Only a few days later it will pop back.. I was using eau thermale avene cleanser for the past month and nothing else.

Yesterday, i gotten myself tea tree oil products from The Body Shop. They are: Tea Tree Facial Wash, Tea Tree Oil Toner and Tea Tree Oil. I started using last night and em. not really much of change. I shall give a month for improvements hopefully since its natural.

Supposedly here's my routine:

Morning when i wake up: Wash face with tea tree oil facial wash , Wipe with cotton using toner and then apply tea tree oil.

Afternoon: Wash face with tea tree oil facial wash.

Night: Wash face with tea tree oil facial wash , Wipe with cotton using toner and then apply tea tree oil.

I've not had fast food for 3months. dare not touch fried food .

I've been eating oranges and apple everyday. someday even with papaya/avocado juice.

Also i wanna ask. When i play basketball, when i sweat, is it enough for me to wipe with a towel on the spot?

Currently my face , the left of my face has some scars/ blackheads/whiteheads. and right of my face has bumps. near the nose i've some whiteheads. Some scars at forehead.

Papule/pus near chin. All over my face, i have marks, no clear/non affected areas at all T_T

Hope to have your advice and please rate my acne severity

Hi kobefan,

I've just read through your problem and all the answer from a number of other people and that you have tried out TTO range of products which did not seems to help much but the latest picture you show of your right side have more serious outbreak.

Let me introduce shortly about myself. i am from Singapore Also. I am an International Certified Beauty Consultant since year 2000. Certified by the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology.Sheseido Has wanted me to be their teaching consultant but i rejected their offer due to too low salary and bcos I wanted to venture out on my own business for the past 8 years.

I have seen my clients that have very bad acne problems. May not be exactly like yours.Some even worse than yours.With such acne/cystic acne problems, it really do give people a lot of headache and also lower one's morale too.

For your case,just using TTO will not do much help to improve your skin condition.As TTO's only good if you only have occasionally acnes like one or two.

I know people is trying on BP. And most Acne creams contains BP. But too much BP cause over dryness to the skin. Sometimes if a person's skin is over sensitive kind, BP may irritate the sensitive skin and cause redness after applying (even have burning feeling on some people with sensitive skin).

Different People do have different genetic health background. Hormones changes internally also affect a lot on your acnes outbreak. A couple of clients that i come across with severe acne problems went to seek help from doctors. Most of them were being prescript with Hormones control medicine. And It caused many side effects and of course not good for the health in long term intake of such medication, especially for ladies. That's why they decided to stop those medication and seek for my help.

For your case, I can see from your pictures that your right side, lower down ,even towards your neck areas are bad. you said your nose area also quite bad. Left side also not really too good. Can see there are many areas on your face that give you a lot of headaches and make you feel depress also. I can understand this. But I do come across a few that are even worse than you.

Your skin has overly active oil glands. Overly Active Oil Glands do cause a lot of problem to your skin as your whole face always look very very oily. Skin are thick with big open pores on most areas and thus you will have lots of whiteheads and blackheads on these open pores of your skin.

Other than adolescence (teenage) stage,whereby the hormones changes caused such bad acne problems, Internal Health Condition also do affect what is show on your face. You have too much toxins inside your body, this is one thing.If have Constipation problem, it may accumulate toxin inside your body also. Other than eating healthy food with plenty of fruits, green vege, drinking lots of water (at least 2 litres a day) to flush out the toxins, regular exercise also help. Of course, those multi vitamin and those supplements you have bought can take. But don't over dose Vit.A as it will caused liver damage in long term of over dosage as Vit.A is not water soluble like Vit.C. It does not flush out easily like Vit.C which is water soluble.

Once in a while eating fried food,I don't think it will cause much harm to your skin.

I know you will feel like squeezing out all those white/black heads which we, skin professional, named them white/black comedones. But don't squeeze with fingers as it will caused scar and also if you don't know the right way to take it out, it will get infected (bacteria in the nails).This will lead to inflammation problems.

As your Oil Gland under your pores are mostly overly active with too much oil produced, they turn into harden particle that clog your pores.And this becomes whiteheads. And with your pores open,oxidation takes place and some white heads becomes black heads.

Please don't use any skin care products that is above ph level of 7 and above as it will cause more problem to your already problematic Skin on your face.

pH level of healthy skin ranges from 4 to 6.5, which is slightly acidic. This acidic environment is referred to as the skin’s ‘acid mantle’. It contains a number of different acids including lactic acid, amino acids and free fatty acids. One of the major functions of the acid mantle is to protect the skin from the absorption of bacteria. As bacteria cannot survive in an acidic environment, maintaining the correct level of acidity is very important.

If acid mantle is disrupted, the skin also becomes more prone to damage. Disrupts of the skin pH can cause dry skin also.

I do have a solution for you and i think you should try it out. We have tested on people with very bad acne problems and it work very well on them and they are very happy with this product.

I will not put the name of this product in this blog as others may think I am trying to advertise or trying to sell something.

If you are really keen to know more, you can direct your query to me at my email : [email protected]

hope what i have written can help you understand more about your skin but I really need to look at your face before I can further diagnose what is really wrong with your skin.

Feel free to email me and we can further discuss about your skin problems.

Good Day! :dance:

Serene

International Certified Beauty Consultant

( CIBTAC - England, IPTI - England)

you should try Dan's regimen instead. just wash your face in the mornng and night. wipe off excessive oil with a toilet paper sheet , carefull tho just in enough to get the oil sweat off after you practice. try to get a water filter for your sink/shower. if you drink milk, try to drink the organic kind. try not to drink alot of soda. you should try to cleanse your body too. but mainly **dans regimen is the way to go because i think its for your type of acne. good luck :)

DAMN. My right side of my face is starting to swell up. lots of swelled up bumps ..zzz I'm not gonna use those anyway i rather waste my money. The cleansing, toning and moisturizing only makes me breakout but no help. I'm better off using a mild cleanser with nothing else. This is crap. Should i go for professional treatments? Like NewYork Skin solution?

I'm starting to wonder if you actually read our posts and gave some thought to them.

Acne has no quick fix. There is no magic pill to cure acne. In fact, the closest medication that is able to stop acne in its tracks is to take accutane (as a last resort) for a few months, and yet it does not have a long term effect.

Never go for those so-caled "professional" treatment or any facials. They do not help with your skin but only give you a temporary relief of clear skin for days or maybe weeks if more. On the other hand they damage your skin way more than any harsh topicals would. Look for a regimen on this board and stick to it. There are plenty to choose from. The only way to cure YOUR ACNE problems is to try out what works for you.

HurHur so what products u guys recommend? And i feel that moisturizing is making me outbreak? Is jus cleansing good enough?