Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

As a girl, I have (or *had*) annoying amounts of "side" hair - sideburns, if you will...

And last night, my beautician told me to get them waxed, and I said ok.

I have an annoying amount of facial hair all over my face - not like noticeable, but still there. What we didn't consider was that this hair was fine and black (I am Pakistani and Brown) - making my overall skin tone appear about two shades darker than it actually is...

So when she waxed off the side hair... there is now a LINE on both sides of my face, the waxed area being super light, and the part where hair is being VERY noticeably darker.

SO now I have like... two different skin tones on me :cry: And foundation isn't evening them out cuz it's too big a difference.

The beautician said she wanted to wax my whole face, but I can't do that because I'm dead scared another breakout will occur - my skin has jussst settled down!

My mom says that I should get all my facial hair bleached so there's no skin tone difference - but how even will the color be then? And doesn't bleach make your hair grow back faster?

HELP :cry:

Bleach will not make your hair grow faster. It only seems that way because you can see an obvious line of demarcation where the natural hair color stops and the bleach begins. With your dark complexion I do not recommend bleaching the hairs on your face. It would be an obvious contrast. Since your hairs are black, bleaching would most likely turn them an orangey blonde. Even if they manage to turn a pale blonde, it'll look like peach fuzz on your dark complexion. You could still spot test this just to make sure and trim it off if you don't like the result.

I don't recommend getting your entire face waxed either. OUCH! If you're willing to maintain the shortened hair, you could get one of those personal trimmers (the slender ones that cost around $10). Or you can get one of those palm held hair sanders. I'm still reeling over that lady wanting to wax your entire face. I've never heard of that before!

^ Yeah, they wax entire faces here...

Eek, yeah I was thinking the same about bleach - that dark skin wouldn't work with it... but I don't know, my mother said she knows much darker people that tried it - I don't know how it looks on them though.

And waxing... It's not too ouch, but I'm just scared of the aftermath. Breakouts :cry:

I'd be worried about the waxing being too harsh on your face, even if it's not painful.. I don't really know why your beautician suggested waxing off your 'side-burns' (btw i have those too lol), coz it's obvious it was gonna leave a patch of lighter skin - she should've known that!

Anywho i agree with the other poster, try doing a small patch test, who knows it might look okay! I bleach my facial hair but i'm quite fair so it blends in with my pale skin, also you might wanna consider using something very gentle because bleaching the face can be very irritating to your skin. I should know, i ended up looking like a tomato once haha

A lot of my indian friends get their faces threaded. It plucks all the hairs out but doesn't stretch the skin like wax does. It's pretty common so you should be able to find an indian beautician that does it.

Bleach will not make your hair grow faster. It only seems that way because you can see an obvious line of demarcation where the natural hair color stops and the bleach begins. With your dark complexion I do not recommend bleaching the hairs on your face. It would be an obvious contrast. Since your hairs are black, bleaching would most likely turn them an orangey blonde. Even if they manage to turn a pale blonde, it'll look like peach fuzz on your dark complexion. You could still spot test this just to make sure and trim it off if you don't like the result.

I don't recommend getting your entire face waxed either. OUCH! If you're willing to maintain the shortened hair, you could get one of those personal trimmers (the slender ones that cost around $10). Or you can get one of those palm held hair sanders. I'm still reeling over that lady wanting to wax your entire face. I've never heard of that before!

i've heard of this. my friend's mom had it done for my friend's wedding (we couldn't understand why, but now i understand why they do it.)

anyway, i'm sure it's not near as noticeable as you may think.... i wouldn't recommend bleaching either. it could really end up going haywire on you. if it were me, as painful as it might seem, i would just wait for everything to grow back in and take it as a lesson learned. the hair will start growing back in a few weeks.

^ Actually, I went back last night and they recommended I bleach it, because the dark hair on my face REALLY contrasted with the lighter skin underneath...

Well, it turned out alright - my face is now one uniform color.

It's just that when I turn at some angles, the lighter facial hair shines more than my black facial hair did - so it *looks* like I have more hair on my face.

But well...I can live with that I guess... :(