Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stevenn727

Please help me out.. no idea what to do now.

Hi.. Been reading awhile, been using the regimen, but not Dan's stuff, I just got some 2.5 percent panoxyl BP face wash, some neutrogena on the spot and I wash with the panoxyl white bar of soap with my finger tips before using the first two.

okay soooo... quick story. I used to have utterly horrible acne. Ever since i was 12 really when it started molesting my face. It took my mom years, til I was just turned 17, to take me to the dermatologist where I went on Tazorac, Benzaclin and that one pill whose name I forget forever. She also did extractions and all that as well as a few extremely painful Jezneer's peals.

Suffice it to say.. it worked. For as long as we could afford it. I went off of it because I ran out and couldn't afford anymore (the bottle of benzaclin CLEANSER was 500 dollars alone, thats just a little soap face wash!). My acne got worse..yep, I got absolutely hopeless.

Then all of a sudden, it finally stopped. Just out of nowhere. I thought I'd never be free of it, and just a month or so before I started my own semi regular (usually every other day) regimen as described above, it finally ended. My face was still oily, but I just wash it alot and regularly with finger tips and hot water/soap several times throughout the day to counter that. I occasionally get a pimple, but thats it. Just one. And it's gone as soon as I use my stuff.

I don't know why the hell it finally decided to just END. I'm 18, a few months shy of 19, and they say acne should end by your early 20's. Maybe mine stopped earlier because it started earlier. Like I said this stuff hit me BAD when I was 12. Out of nowhere, and did not relent for 6 years of hell.

The pill treatments from the derm also I'm thinking may have helped. Another thing I've been wondering is maybe my diet. Around a few months before this living hell ended, I started eating and drinking really clean, and working out obsessively. As such I'm in really good shape and it's awesome. I just wish my face could match my body, haha.

So now.. I'm left with this lovely shit. Scars. Below are some pics I just took. I just woke up, and didn't wash my face when I took them so excuse the oilyness please. Also flash is on so I think it made that red spot in between my eyes look redder then it actually does look. In fact I think the scars/blemishes visible only look so coloured due to flash. Cuz whenever I look in the mirror, I don't see anything that looks that coloured. But I still need some help here..

So.. I'm looking for makeup/cosmetic tips on how to conceal these scars. I don't know what to do about them and I cannot afford some ridiculous ass laser treatment, nor do I even know which expensive treatments would work. I heard cocoa butter can help with concealing scars. I'm pretty much completely confident with wearing make up (yes I'm straight haha) so I think that could be my best solution? But I have no experience with that stuff, so ladies or any one who does please help me out. =]

post-91160-1230195953_thumb.jpg

post-91160-1230196109_thumb.jpg

post-91160-1230195953_thumb.jpg

post-91160-1230196109_thumb.jpg

It's great to hear that your acne cleared up! I wish I could say the same haha. As for scarring, I haven't dealt with that as much, but if you have any redmarks apple cidar vinegar works great. If you have any questions feel free to drop me a message :]

that's awesome that your acne finally went away! i'm a little concerned with your regimen though..... you say you wash several times a day with soap and hot water. obviously you're clear, so it's not increasing your breakouts, but at the same time, it's really bad for your skin to be cleansing so much. you also use a medicated cleanser and bp too. honestly, choose one or the other. limit your washings to morning and night, and use a light moisturizer afterwards. when you're washing so often, you could actually be stripping your skin and attributing to your excess sebum production.

so now that i've said that.... you could try using a primer to fill in some of the indentations and then top with a light foundation. you say your scars aren't discolored, but if you notice some shallowness, you can try a little yellow corrector on those areas, and make sure to blend well. i don't have any indented scars, but i love using a yellow corrector on hyperpigmentation marks. best of luck to you!