Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcnePwns

To pop or not to pop

I have a cyst about the size of a dime that is just begging me to pop it. Its full of pus and I can see the white head. Should I pop it or leave it alone? Will it scar more easily if I popped it instead of leaving it alone and letting it heal on its own? It wont go away for at least another month if I dont pop it. I feel if I pop a pimple it goes away much much faster. Besides, a cyst will leave a scar even if you dont pop it.

Ok so the cyst popped but itself over night and some pus leaked out. However I did not squeeze the rest of the pus out. Should I now squeeze the rest of it out since it's already semi popped?

I'd say you might as well finish the job. Otherwise it'll get healed over and re-infected; that's what happens to mine at least. I hate cysts because if you don't treat them right they seem to explode and infect the surrounding area. Speaking from experience, I had one on each cheek when I was younger and decided to play around with them. Bad mistake. Be gentle and you'll be fine.