Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I once tracked my diet for a week on Diet Analysis + 8.0, and the results were bad for me.

It just makes me wonder how deficient in nutrients we are. I recall that Calcium deficiency is common in teenagers.

Recently I began supplementing with Cal/Mag citrate, which will bring my levels for both of those up to the DRIs thankfully. I mean 1000-1300mg of Calcium is tough to get! Unless you get all your correct servings.

Anyways, with all these different diet approaches on this site, perhaps supplementation is necessary, because with low-carb diets for instance, consuming all the required amounts of nutrients isn't easy/possible.

Would it make a huge difference if folks measured their consumption of these nutrients? I know cod liver oil and the EFAs have helped a lot of people (probably since they were getting their DRIs and more).

Ok, check this out. Here's my results from normal diet I tracked for a school project, and my keto diet I tracked for 8 days. Not good results. Especially take note of the EFA ratio, Vitamin D & E result too.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/vipe.../Comparison.jpg

It just makes me wonder how deficient in nutrients we are.

I'd say, extremely. That's why the population as a whole is so unhealthy and needs so many drugs.

And I'd say the real reason it can be difficult to get adequate nutrients from food is how much nutrition remains in the food as it is picked unripe, stored, trucked, stored again, purchased, stored, and then cooked. You can easily eat all the food needed on a low-carb diet unless you are extreme about it, although most people seem to do everything the extreme way. It's always all or nothing around here.

I posted a diet a while ago that contains 100% RDA for all vitamins and minerals: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/diet-100-...82#entry2334882

Making a diet like that was trickier than I thought. I think it would be difficult to come up with a low-fat OR a low-carb diet that could meet every single nutritional need. Covering all the B vitamins in particular was tricky.

as i understand it at the moment, minerals are slightly more important to the body then vitamins. i Guess vitamins are made by plants from the sun and minerals are absorbed from the ground, so even in todays industrialized world if you try to eat as healthy as possible, you still need supplements to match the intake of long ago after farmiong has been compromised for mass production.

As far as considering the philosophy of cause and effect relationships, its possible that mineral and vitamin status may be the primary cause for most diseases. If you are familiar with epigenetics and nutrigenomics, the underlying genetic code changes little, but the expressions of those genes change to adapt to their environment over time, basically you are a reflection of your past environments, yet genetic susceptability is also at work. You must ask your self how accutane is able to achive its results, thats because they know that its about genetic expression, you always had clear skin, but for whatever reason your body "may" have adapted to a certain diet or nutrient status resulting in the expression of such and such gene being switched.

the more i read about vitamins and minerals, they all are invlved as a system to affect everything in your body, well perhaps that is obvious. but until you start reading in depth studies about it you would never know the strong relationships that calcium and magnesium or sodium have to many many diseases. what science does is not to assume to much at any one time, so they cannot flat out say such and such causes this absolutly, and many times its a combination of genetic changes due to diet combined with other lifestyle and hereditary factors. Bottom line, their may not be ANY one cause to any disease whatsoever. there are multiple causes. Its kind of like asking your parents what led them to meet eachother and have you, mulitple causes were invloved in the conception of you, the most immediate was sexual intercourse, but then what was the cause of that??? and that?? life is just an endless chain of cause and effect relationships, the very first for your health is your micro and macro nutrient status combined with lifestyle factors(stress, personality, etc) and genetic susceptability.

So yes ive always wondered why potheads would perhaps take a religious attitude toward the nutrient ratios of their plants, and then most likely eat any random thing in sight!!! not to be down on potheads, but you get the point, why are people so ignorant of the details of what their own body needs?? like highly detailed knowledge beyond what is perhaps generally the norm.

Every nutrient (vitamin/mineral/cofactors) work in unison to allow the body to function optimally. One deficiency will lead to some other nutrient not working up to par and so on and so forth. In my opinion, most disease is a result of poor nutrition/excess toxins. This site goes into detail about it and gives an excellent low-carb diet with all the necessary nutrients (including supplements) to get the body and immune system to optimal levels. It and a similar diet called the "Optimal Diet" in Poland has cured many diseases including cancer, lupus, diabetes and especially small things like acne.