Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
john1234

Let's think about this, shall we?

Let's think.

Who are the diet gurus that dictate the nutritional trends? The ones who write lots of books, go on oprah, and speak of the ultimate diet.

Let's take a look at their skin. How is it? Is their diet bringing them the kind of health that they preach about laboriously?

Nicholas Perricone- expensive supplement guru that promises wrinkle blemish free skin.

Verdict: Bad skin

John Mcdougall: low fat starch-based plant diet. Says saturated fats are the reason for acne.

Verdict: Red rough skin. Looks like he has a freakin sunburn constantly.

Dr. Furhman: Nutrient density diet. Plant food diet. Limit animal fats to 10%.

Verdict: In some videos, he looks pretty good. But in others he looks like he is losing his hair prematurely, (he's not that old) and his skin really isn't all that great, considering that he is eating the "healthiest" foods on the planet.

Anyone else that you guys know of ? I know it's more than unfair to put anyone under the microscope for scrutiny. Yet on the other hand it does make sense that we should follow people who are living and breathing evidence of their regimen's validity.

I'm going to chime in with Healthoid aka Jesse Edmunds. He really has helped so many people; not only on the org! He has positively glowing clear skin plus before and afters. Diet is low carb organic unprocessed foods with emphasis on fatty meats.

You're not controlling for the initial skin status...starting with very mild/no acne and attaining great skin is not that impressive, going from cystic acne to mild acne, that's impressive even though it's not perfect. That's not to say that any of these guys started with cystic acne, i have no idea. However, i do know from my own experience that diet can have an impact on acne.

I'm not really talking about acne specifically.... I'm just saying a good healthy vibrant complexion. People can have clear skin but bad skin. I have seen people with a few pimples or two but with a beautiful complexion neverthless.

Well Perricone doesn't just sell his high-priced supplements and topicals. He also preaches diet and the harm done by chronic inflammation. He has his 3-day face lift diet on his site for free and used to have such info about acne. The verdict on Perricone isn't 'bad skin' as he's about healthy anti-inflammatory diet which is good for acne and anti-aging. Just don't buy the products.

I guess the point I'm making is this:

There are three possibilities.

1. Perricone needs to do his own 3 day face lift diet

2. the diet simply doesn't work

3. he would be much worse off on another diet.

Honestly, I'll go with one.

Well Perricone doesn't just sell his high-priced supplements and topicals. He also preaches diet and the harm done by chronic inflammation. He has his 3-day face lift diet on his site for free and used to have such info about acne. The verdict on Perricone isn't 'bad skin' as he's about healthy anti-inflammatory diet which is good for acne and anti-aging. Just don't buy the products.

Sorry, I missed your point which was criticizing the old man's skin. Personally, I'm not going to knock anyone that promotes a diet connection to acne, skin health, aging, etc. We need more of that.

I have a personal distaste for Perricone. He makes outlandish claims about supplements that he sells for exorbitant prices. He promises that people can get rid of wrinkles simply by eating salmon and super fruits. He has talked about so many studies in his clinic but has never published any of them. And top it off, why doesn't he look like what he preaches. His idea of the glycemic index and how it relates to acne just doesn't make sense to me. I don't believes that bananas and high sugar fruits are automatically inflammatory. That's my beef with him.

And he's not that old, btw. My parents are older but look younger than him.

I want evidence that their regimens work in practice, not in theory. In theory, practice and theory are the same. Thus far I have seen few "health gurus" that look healthy themselves. I want examples of healthy people whose model I can trust. I'm constantly searching but I find that many of these health nuts look like crap themselves.

I've focused on the negatives simply because I do not know of the positives. Please feel free to chime in.

Sorry, I missed your point which was criticizing the old man's skin. Personally, I'm not going to knock anyone that promotes a diet connection to acne, skin health, aging, etc. We need more of that.