Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
melanie rose

Christmas Eve, Day 1 :D

I'm nervous and excited! Started acutane despite my fears. oh dear that blood test.. the needle...*faint*. Just shows ill face my biggest fear of needles to get this goddamn stuff outta my face!! :) Idk why anyone would read my log when there are soo many out there, but if you feel like dropping in and helping out, it'll prob make my day.

lets do the good and bad about this

good: I'm soo ready to try this, and confident it'll work, and I can live my life again!

bad: I dont want and IB please no!! I am petrified of scarring. I never do and though I pick my skin heals fast - but what if acutane changes this??? I will never forgive myslef!

well browse my pics, here is one of today or you. merry christmas, hope you are having a clearer one than I.

post-67058-1230174399_thumb.jpg

post-67058-1230174399_thumb.jpg

Wow, what an awesome day to start a log and tane! Congratulations and please stick with it - we need every experience with tane that we can get here!

day 10 photo upload. doing good, so far no side effects. possibly dry lips but mine are constantly chapped cause i hate chap stick - so who knows. have you guys seen any side effects?

post-67058-1230954262_thumb.jpg

post-67058-1230954262_thumb.jpg

That is wonderful that you haven't experienced any side effects. Your skin looks good in that picture, I hardly see any blemishes. So far I've noticed minor joint pain, dry eyes, lips, etc. Good luck and hopefully the side effects stay at bay!!

ps. im kinda nervous about the no side effects no dry skin. am I not on it enough? im on 30 i guess its weight related. and i use a fair amount of face wash, no lotion needed so far. just wondering.

Wow, you're doing very good in only 10 days. Hope everything goes well for you. Don't worry too much about the side effects I'm on my third period(I'm one of the resistant 10%) and have only experienced dry lips, nothing more.

wow ur acne doesnt look very bad at all im surprised ur derm gave u accutane but im sure uve tried many other things that havent worked to get to acctuane. well good luck i hope it works for u!

Hi Melanie, I just wanted to stop by and put in my 2 cents about your side effects (or lack of them, I guess!). I think since 30 mg/day isn't a very high dose, and being only on Day 10, you don't need to worry.

Some people's skin actually produces more oil the first few days of accutane! Also, I didn't notice that my skin had nearly stopped producing oil until a bit later than Day 10, and I'm on 40 a day.

Just make sure that you're taking your pill with a meal (and something fatty, it increases the absorption). Good luck!

update for 1/07. skin is looking great! very pleased. I have had some side effects, typical ones - dry skin (which I dont mind at all), chapped lips obviously, and my first nose bleed today. how is everyone else on tane doing??

wow ur acne doesnt look very bad at all im surprised ur derm gave u accutane but im sure uve tried many other things that havent worked to get to acctuane. well good luck i hope it works for u!

what she said...

day 24 and i havnt had a pimple in weeks. im just thrilled. my skin is not only clear, but really glowing. im trying to not get to used to it as i still have months ahead and dont know what'll happen. my confidence is up and none of the side effects have bothered me.

side effects are: dry skin around nose and mouth, chapped lips, three nosebleeds.

even had enough confidence to do a photoshoot with my sis. came out soo well :) hope everyone on the tane is doing well.

post-67058-1232154047_thumb.jpg

post-67058-1232154059_thumb.jpg

post-67058-1232154074_thumb.jpg

post-67058-1232154093_thumb.jpg

post-67058-1232154047_thumb.jpg

post-67058-1232154059_thumb.jpg

post-67058-1232154074_thumb.jpg

post-67058-1232154093_thumb.jpg

Those pics are absolutely amazing and your skin looks fantastic! I'm glad Accutane is treating you so well. I'm about two months in and your skin looks even better than mine! Congrats on the progress and I hope things continue to go so smoothly!

Your skin looks amazing. I def. need to bump up my dosage, as I am not really experiencing any side effects and not using lotion on my face. Hope everything stays good.