Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
melanie rose

Started today, some Acutane Questions

Hello. Same story, I've been struggling for years and though my acne is not severe, it has not gone away and I just started acutane. merry christmas to me. I remember reading about scars and such and how things scar more easily on this drug. Is this true? My biggest probelm is picking. Ideally I could say ill stop picking and leave things alone but I know I won't be able to entirely stop so I'm not gonna lie to you or myslef. I don't pick too bad, and I have no scars - my skin is very good about healing. My question is, on accutane, will my skin change? will I be less likely to heal and will I possibly scar? This is my worst fear and I just want to know how careful I need to be.

thanks so much, merry christmas.

post-67058-1230173509_thumb.jpg

post-67058-1230173509_thumb.jpg

The first time I took Accutane, I didn't have any scarring. I pick at my acne too, even cysts, so I guess my skin isn't really prone to scarring. If you read the disclaimer about all the possible side effects, there are so many listed and scarring is only one of them, so it won't affect everyone. Did you ask your dermatologist?

I was also told last week that I will start Accutane shortly after the new year.

It was like an early Christmas present to me.

Keep us updated on your course.