Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*MEaGAiN*

finally went to derm today

So yep i finally went to a dermatologist...on christmas even no less haha. Anyway i was hoping to get an oral antibiotic and topical but alas she just said i needed clindamycin for now and to use my BP at night too with it. She prescribed me the lotion...anyway just wondering if this works for ppl? do u want to tell me ur experiences with it my friends? i already read the review page, some ppl loved it others hated it so we'll see.

Merry christmas!...or Hanukkah...or Kwanzaa in a bit haha

Well clindamycin is one of the oldest, most proven, most effective acne medications out there. It is a very mild acne treatment that should help clear up moderate acne. Some complications can arise when your body's bacteria start to become resistant to the drug. However, using it with benzoly peroxide delays this from happening. So yes, using bp with clindamycin should be an effective acne treatment for you.

I :wub: clindamycin. It spreads smoothly and absorbs quickly. Plus, it doesn't dry you out or burn like some other topicals tend to. I hope it works well for ya. :)

thanks! i hope it works as well :) that would make me soo happy. I too rly like how smoothly it goes on and how it doesnt dry me out, especially since im using BP wit it. im supposed to go back in 3 months and she said if my acne isnt responding then she'll put me on oral antibiotics too like minocycline. But i really hope this kills the bacteria, and makes my pimples go far far away!

i have been using this lotion for about 3 plus months now? I just love how it goes on your face! It didn't really do anything for me, but I was only on it (with BP) for about two months before I started RAM. But it didn't make things worse- so thats always a plus ;) PPl rave that BP plus Clinda works wonders... I hope it works for you :)

I went to the derm on xmas eve also! Instead of giving me a present, they gave me the equivalent to a lump of coal = a large bill. When my acne was less severe, clindamycin gel worked really well for me. I know they probably recommend a "pea-sized amount", but I would put a glob on any zit or cyst on my face and it would help dry it up pretty quickly. After long term use, I think my skin because resistant to it, though. Let us know if it works for you!

thanks giselle, i hope it works! but if not, i will be sure to say if/when i become resistant to it. and ill keep up on ur accutane log too, i hope it goes well!

So yep i finally went to a dermatologist...on christmas even no less haha. Anyway i was hoping to get an oral antibiotic and topical but alas she just said i needed clindamycin for now and to use my BP at night too with it. She prescribed me the lotion...anyway just wondering if this works for ppl? do u want to tell me ur experiences with it my friends? i already read the review page, some ppl loved it others hated it so we'll see.

Merry christmas!...or Hanukkah...or Kwanzaa in a bit haha

i loved it in the beginning!

slowly your skin gets resistant to it and it doesn't work anymore!

wonderful bacterial resistance! haha i think ill prob get retin A next time i see my blessed derm. thats what she said....cause i have mostly comedonal acne blah.

Since it is inevitable that your skin will become resistant to the clindamycin, maybe you can get the retin-A and alternate using them every other night. Have you noticed if it clears up the actives? I don't think it does anything for hyperpigmentation though.

Wow I just noticed we posted in eachother's logs simultaneously, haha. How creepy!!

haha really yea im on here wayy too much. umm clindamycin clears up actives ok i guess...i mean nothing amazing, but i am using the lotion not the gel so its prob different. yea i have 2 more prescriptions for clindamycin, and have barely put a dent in my first bottle, so ill have plenty if i want to use it with retin A. ill ask my derm for sure. I really just want low dose accutane. haha but she doesnt seem to be with me on that one. oh well, maybe ill just cry next time i see her.... wait then shell think im depressed dangit not depressed ppl on 'tane haha.

How is the clindamycin working for you? A few days ago my derm put me on Benzaclin, which is a combination of 5% BP and clindamycin. After putting it on ONE night I noticed a pretty substantial reduction in the size/intensity/tenderness of nearly all the acne on my face. Literally, just one night.. Since you're doing basically the same thing (clindamycin + BP) I'm hoping it's working as well for you.

eh its ok, i have a lot of comedonal acne....my main concern, then they become inflammed. So I think retin A may have worked better. I also think i have hormonal acne, and it doesnt seem to be helping that much....So all in all i guess its alright but not working miracles for me...yet