Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
webbie

Initial Breakout from NuCelle?

Hi,

I started using the NuCelle kit for oily skin on Sunday night of this week (face wash, toner, 10% serum, shine free moisturizer and spf 30 sunblock). On Tuesday there were 2 -3 small whiteheads with pus on my chin and a medium sized red bump near my mouth. Today I notice some small bumps on both sides of my face too. The ones on my chin are a little smaller today but the one near my mouth is still there. I also woke up this morning to a flaky patch of skin near my mouth, right over where the red bump/pimple is near my mouth. Overall my skin feels a little less oily but when I touch my skin it feels somewhat dry.

I live in South Florida where the weather is generally warm. Today it is 76 degrees and cloudy. I know that our skin can be more dry in the winter but it's not that cold down here. It's generally in the 60s and 70s during the day and at night it's in the 50s and 60s. The humidity is generally lower this time of year.

Is it common/normal to have an initial breakout within just 2 days of using the NuCelle system? I have read and have been told that an IB can happen, but I wasn't sure WHEN it could happen and if it happening so soon is normal.

Is anyone else here using the entire NuCelle system for oily/acne prone skin? I have read many posts of people here who are using just the mandelic 10% or 15% serum.

Thanks.

Hi,

I started using the NuCelle kit for oily skin on Sunday night of this week (face wash, toner, 10% serum, shine free moisturizer and spf 30 sunblock). On Tuesday there were 2 -3 small whiteheads with pus on my chin and a medium sized red bump near my mouth. Today I notice some small bumps on both sides of my face too. The ones on my chin are a little smaller today but the one near my mouth is still there. I also woke up this morning to a flaky patch of skin near my mouth, right over where the red bump/pimple is near my mouth. Overall my skin feels a little less oily but when I touch my skin it feels somewhat dry.

I live in South Florida where the weather is generally warm. Today it is 76 degrees and cloudy. I know that our skin can be more dry in the winter but it's not that cold down here. It's generally in the 60s and 70s during the day and at night it's in the 50s and 60s. The humidity is generally lower this time of year.

Is it common/normal to have an initial breakout within just 2 days of using the NuCelle system? I have read and have been told that an IB can happen, but I wasn't sure WHEN it could happen and if it happening so soon is normal.

Is anyone else here using the entire NuCelle system for oily/acne prone skin? I have read many posts of people here who are using just the mandelic 10% or 15% serum.

Thanks.

When I first started using the 10% serum I had a really bad breakout and I had probably the worst acne I ever had lol. But I stuck with it, and after a month, things really started to look up. At one point i was 100% clear, but I got carried away and started eating carelessly. Probably the fact that you are using the whole system caused an initial breakout to happen faster than usual.

good luck