Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fa4you

Thank You Doctor: Thanks Isotretinoin

congrats man but can I ask you a question- did u get a massive ib when u started accutane because I don't know wtf is going on but my face was pretty clear like when I washed my face it was smooth before I went on accutane. 10 days later my face feels and looks like im back in high school- pretty crappy. is this shit normal?

Wow, that is some really really bad acne at the beginning there. Really proves accutane can do some serious wonders

congrats man but can I ask you a question- did u get a massive ib when u started accutane because I don't know wtf is going on but my face was pretty clear like when I washed my face it was smooth before I went on accutane. 10 days later my face feels and looks like im back in high school- pretty crappy. is this shit normal?

Absolutely Right

You do get severe flare ups on using Isotretinoin. With 40 Mg a day, the breakouts were severe for around 2 months. I had steroid led acne/nodules due to usage of a horrible medicine called Betonovate.

Things to remember while taking Isotretinoin/Accutane:

1. Always take it with an antioxidant capsule. I took 2 Accutane Capsules 20 mg each a day and 1 Derantox AntiOxidant Capsule a day.

2. Always keep a lip guard handy coz accutane as we all know leaves our lips dry.

3. Along with Accutane, my doctor put me on Clindamycin Phospate Gel mixed with Aloe lotion (Dermaden) 1:1 with a very tiny amount of Benzoyl Peroxide. Apply to your face twice a day. You will notice initial breakouts, but it is normal since your blackheads and whiteheads are immediately flushing out in the form of pimples.

4. Patience is a virtue. Have patience for a better skin down the line.

5. In case your skin becomes very very dry due to use of BP mixed with Dermaden and Clindamycin then use Ictyane H.D moisturizing lotion for a few days with Vitamin E with 1 Primosa 1000 mg capsule a day. Primosa contains the Evening Primose Oil which is good for skin.

My skin has black marks but they will fade eventually.

Good Luck!!