Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tremendouslove

Dagger's Progress

Hi. I'm dagger. I introduced myself in the introductions thread. Here's my story, in case anyone is interested in following my journey.

I was in 7th grade. My skin was perfectly clear throughout my whole life, and I had no idea just what was coming my way.

I had always made fun of my sister for the mild acne she got on her cheeks. Every time I did, she told me that I would probably get acne just as bad, if not worse.

She was right.

One morning I woke up and noticed a few pimples on my forehead. Of course, I was confused, so I went downstairs to ask my sister if it was acne. She just laughed and said yes. So, I ran back upstairs and washed my face with her facewash, hoping for it to just magically go away. That didn't happen.

As the weeks went on, I got mild to moderate acne all over my forehead, and as I hit 8th grade, I had highly moderate acne on my forehead. I wore makeup and shoved it off as no big deal.

Then, 9th grade rolled around and I still had acne all over my forehead, and one or two stray pimples on my cheeks or chin. I was super self-conscious in this grade because it was high school! Then, one day, one of my friends said something to me about it.

"Hey, you're skin looks really bad. You should go to a dermatologist"

I looked up at her and I couldn't believe what she had just said to me. No one, besides my family, had ever commented on it before. I had been trying just about EVERYTHING to rid myself of acne, and I couldn't afford to go to a dermatologist, so his severely hurt my feelings.

So, everyday I wore MAC powder to school, and I would feel highly embarrassed if I didn't. I would watch people stare at the beige bumps on my forehead, knowing that it really wasn't doing much good to just cover them up.

I rolled like this through 9th grade, always looking at all my friends and other girls with clear, smooth looking faces. I wondered how they were so lucky. My acne is genetic, so it's not like I could just wash my face twice a day and it will go away. It was embarrassing--not to mention frustrating. What people without acne do not understand (and never will) is how degrading it is. They'll say "oh, it's just a part of being a teenager, it'll go away soon!"

Easy for you to say! You've never had a pimple in your life. You'd be devastated if you did! You can't possibly relate.

I just wanted to crawl in my bed and die. And I mean I wanted to die. That's how bad I always felt. That's not a good place to be.

I started to wonder if it would ever go away. What if I had it my whole life? What if I scarred like my father and my grandfather? This panicked me. I had to do something before it was too late.

So, three weeks ago (I'm a sophomore now) I started the acne.org regimen. I finally got sick and tired of looking horrid, so I went online to do some extensive research. I found out about this site and I decided to try the regimen, because it looked promising. (I am using basis skin bar, neutrogena on the spot, and olay moistureiser). The first week, I stared seeing results. I was super excited! Then, the second week my acne got worse! I wanted to cry. I started to think of what I did wrong, and then I started to think that maybe it was just me, and that nothing would ever work. So, I put on some MAC power and headed off to school.

BAD IDEA!!

I came home, took it off immediately, and looked at my skin. It was horribly red and the pimples were bigger than they were before. I decided that it was time to take the regimen more seriously. I cut out all makeup and made sure I changed my pillowcase every four days, along with religiously washing and using lots of bp. I am now on my third week, and the acne on my forehead is disappearing! For the first time in 3 years I can see clear spots on my forehead! Clear, but red. Hopefully, the regimen will continue working. I noticed last night that I got a pimple on my cheek though, and it seems like now that the acne on my forehead is clearing up, it likes to pop up elsewhere, but not as concentrated. Does anyone know why this is?

I'll probably keep up a day by day blog to show you my progress from the third week on.

What I would suggest to all those using the regimen is to keep trying it and be patient. It is starting to work for me (or at least, I hope!) and it should start to work for you too! :dance: