Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I remember Dan saying that AHA can be used in place of BP. Is this correct? I hope my BP comes in time before I go on a trip, but if it doesn't, can I use AHA in place of BP?

Not sure where you read that?

AHA works quite differently from BP and doesn't do nearly as good a job at acne prevention. It helps make your skin look a whole lot nicer aside from acne (more even, less dry, fade redmarks faster), but probably won't do much for pimples besides MAYBE some non-inflamed acne. A good dab of it on an upcoming pimple can sometimes stop the pimple from getting too big, though.

You can use AHA as a moisturizer on top of BP, though, or on its own in the morning if you only use BP at night, for example. It works well with BP, but not really in place of BP.

I recall seeing that on this web site also but I think the gist was "I hope those with mild acne might be able to use just AHA+ and no BP" ...so if you have very mild acne, it might work for you. IF not, it might not be enough. If your bp doesn't come in time, you can also pick up a small bottle at the drug store.